SD Card Access Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
UnidenSupport - Yes, I clicked the box that says display all drives and then I tried to refresh the list. Results: Zero. Sentinel does not see this SD Card so it can be cleared. This card is dead.

What is the process for replacing this card under warranty? How do I contact Uniden for this warranty action? I sent a message to the UnidenSupport account via Forums > Conversations, but haven't heard back from you.

I am a member of our technical and customer service department. I can help people with troubleshooting, warranty questions, replacement parts and any other questions you may have. People may also call our customer support at 1-800-297-1023.

I've sent you a private message to get the information I need from you, but I wanted to put this here for anyone else that may see it.

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
I bought a new SDS200 from ScannerMaster.com which was delivered this past Thursday. I was traveling this weekend and on the way back home, the SD card died. The SD card reader in my computer and my laptop won't recognize the card so I can't even reformat it. Then I tried to stick a new 64GB card in and wondered why the heck it wasn't working. I re-read the owners manual and saw that it only supported up to 32GB cards. So I put a new 32GB card in and everything is back up and running. Just wanted to get added to the "crappy included SD cards" list.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
As I stand in Best Buy picking up two new SD cards for scanners less than a month old (because you can’t fix ‘this’ with yet another firmware update) I can’t help but think this is disgraceful that with this many failed cards it’s not been dealt with as a recall. I’m wasting time and money I shouldn’t have to now so I don’t have the hassle in a few days when my 100 and 200 cards fail like so many others have.. the gifts just keep coming, humming, terrible VHF/UHF sense, failed cards, $800.00 each price tag. How much is a reputation worth to a company, when at these quantities quality cards can be purchased so inexpensively. Such great technology and incredible engineering and what could have been an incredible experience for so many, pushed aside by an accountant saving a couple of dollars per unit, and they wonder why engineering hate the accountants...

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - I have had at least 1 or every SD card scanner they have and never had a card fail. I have had to remove and reseat a few times, mainly a mobile HP1.

I have replaced the original cards in most though, just for more recording capacity and for experimentation.

I'm currently running a card that spent 3 years in a dashcam. I noticed some recordings were unreadable, reformatted and purrs along now in a SDS.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
UnidenSupport - Yes, I clicked the box that says display all drives and then I tried to refresh the list. Results: Zero. Sentinel does not see this SD Card so it can be cleared. This card is dead.

What is the process for replacing this card under warranty? How do I contact Uniden for this warranty action? I sent a message to the UnidenSupport account via Forums > Conversations, but haven't heard back from you.
I do not have any messages in my inbox from you.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
UnidenSupport - This issue has been resolved and Uniden replaced my SD Card with a new card. Thank you. Please note that you are quoting a message from back in March.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
UnidenSupport - This issue has been resolved and Uniden replaced my SD Card with a new card. Thank you. Please note that you are quoting a message from back in March.
Ha, so I am. sometimes this opens a previously read thread from the start instead of where I left off and I don't catch it. Somewhere in the 500th forum post for a day, things start to blur.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
FWIW - I have had at least 1 or every SD card scanner they have and never had a card fail. I have had to remove and reseat a few times, mainly a mobile HP1.

I have replaced the original cards in most though, just for more recording capacity and for experimentation.

I'm currently running a card that spent 3 years in a dashcam. I noticed some recordings were unreadable, reformatted and purrs along now in a SDS.
The place for high endurance cards are dash cams and these audio recording scanners, the engineers know that, it's no secret...if all these cards did was hold data for the occasional read/write, sure, put in the cheapest you can get at the factory, but when you know there will be lots of read/writes, put in what will last longer than 3 weeks.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
This issue has been resolved and Uniden replaced my SD Card with a new card. Thank you. Please note that you are quoting a message from back in March.
and that makes my comment less signifigant how? My $1,600.00 worth of scanners I just purchasd arrived with 2 no name cards that based on others recent events/users experiences predict will fail within a month. I've noticed on here that people think it's some huge win if you can get a company to fix something for you if you send it back... that's not a win, that should be considered business as usual and they should be doing everything they can to minimize that happening.

A WIN would be if it didn't break, hum, get a corrupt card to begin with and you didn't have to send it back or install ANOTHER firmware update which causes a bunch of worse performance like what happened to one person, or receive a defective out of the box USB cable causing one forum member HOURS of work to diagnose, or heartache on re configuring, but hey, they tossed him a new cord so it's all good... I'm glad you're happy with them replacing your card, they shouldn't have had to!!!... I have higher standards about what I expect from such a large purchase I guess. My time shipping it back and being without is worth something to me, and try to remember, some of us rely on these items for work AND hobby, not just for playtime, any down time costs us in some way.

When you go out for dinner, are you ok with the place you eat giving you food poisoning provided they give you some tums the next day?

If I wanted to be a beta tester, I'd go back to work for Microsoft, where they paid me, not the other way around.... Raise the bar eh?

Note: I just realized you may have been reply to Uniden, not me, my apologiess but comments still stand... anyways... glad it worked out for you, these are still the cats a** and I don't regret my purchases for a minute.... there's a lot of tech in that little box, Uniden should be proud, despite my rants.

Last edited:

MrThompson

This reminds me of hard core overclocking back in the day with a couple of 120 Watt pelts driven by an Astron VS-35M and cooled with a six foot cooling tower. You learned to keep a fresh backup of your harddrive when pushing it for when things went oops.

May I suggest the best strategy is to have at least three cards? One working copy and two backups.

USASA

Hi All!

I replaced SD card in my BCD536P the first day I received it and used the original card and another for backups. I even have the radio on a UPS. A bit hardcore. My military training back in the days of the Army Security Agency (U.S.A.S.A.) still haunt me.

Al

K5mow

Hi All!

I replaced SD card in my BCD536P the first day I received it and used the original card and another for backups. I even have the radio on a UPS. A bit hardcore. My military training back in the days of the Army Security Agency (U.S.A.S.A.) still haunt me.

Al

I did the exact same thing you did. except I only have one card the original for back up. I also Have my SDS 200 on a UPS. I have an optimal deep cycle gel cell battery that I use sometimes. Mostly I use the gel cell battery for portable HF station.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timxlt

I have a sds 200. It's only a couple of weeks old. Last night I got the sd card error. How can I get a new card.
Thank you
Tim

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
My SD card just died in my SDS 200 which was my christmas present. I am getting a new one tomorrow at Best Buy. I have looked around and can't find out if there is something specific that I will need to do to the new card to make it functional. Any suggestions where to look appreciated? Thanks

Ben

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Use some masking tape to tape the spare card to the top of the scanner. Contacts down, so thte tape adhesive doesn't get on the card contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.