SDS100/SDS200: SD CARD FILE ERROR ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have a serious problem I can't fix, On my SDS100 SCANNER this comes up when I start the scanner
SD CARD FILE ERROR
use sentinel clear user data operation to initial SD CARD

I go to clear data in sentinel software and the micro sd box comes up but I can't do anything, any help appreciated
I don't think there is anthing on the sd card anymore ???sd card.PNG
Steve

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Get a 32gb high endurance card from Amazon. They are about $10.
You may be able to reformat your existing card by taking it out of the scanner and putting it in a card reader connected directly to the computer. But you want to have a spare anyway.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Get a 32gb high endurance card from Amazon. They are about $10.
You may be able to reformat your existing card by taking it out of the scanner and putting it in a card reader connected directly to the computer. But you want to have a spare anyway.
Thanks for the information, is there somewhere on the internet that has a copy of the files that go on the sd card so I can try copying the files to the USB directory, I do not have a card reader.
Steve

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Thanks for the information, is there somewhere on the internet that has a copy of the files that go on the sd card so I can try copying the files to the USB directory, I do not have a card reader.
Steve
Do the Clear User Data function in Sentinel, and it will put the proper files on the card.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
If and when something like that happens reminded me of my friend's SDS100. it seems that the SDcard was not fully inserted and all be got were basicaLly the same error messages as you. After finding out what happened he was very embarrassed.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I suspect you clicked the "Write to Scanner" under the Scanner tab. The "Clear User Data" is just below that. You will see an option to display all drives, and that's what you use to select the drive with the SD card.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I suspect you clicked the "Write to Scanner" under the Scanner tab. The "Clear User Data" is just below that. You will see an option to display all drives, and that's what you use to select the drive with the SD card.
I turn on my scanner, PRESS (E) to put the scanner into USB MASS STORAGE.
The computer brings up my Directories and it is on the USB Drive, I have to close my directory page,
Then I start the Sentinel program, every time I go into sentinel program or try to write my Favorite lists to the scanner the directory list page keeps coming up and I have to close that page to do anything. I have re-installed the Sentinel Program and I have changed the path in Sentinel to the Uniden directory and this does not stop the problem. I also made a directory on my hard drive C:/ Sentinel Files and had Sentinel go to that path and still the problem is there. I also ran the trouble shooter in Windows 10 Professional and it said there was a compatible problem and it ran the trouble shooter program and said it had fixed the problem, the I run Sentinel and the problem is still there. I don't know what else I can try I have never had a problem like this with any other programs on any of my computers, just Sentinel. Any help trouble shooting this appreciated.
Steve

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Sentinel folder window constantly popping up is a Windows problem, not a Sentinel problem.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
The Sentinel folder window constantly popping up is a Windows problem, not a Sentinel problem.
Yes I ran the trouble shooter in Windows 10 Professional and it said it fixed the problem that was a compatibility problem but stiil the problem is there. Don't know what else to do.
Steve

tkenny53

I just started to have this problem, my win 10 computer will not see the SD card.
I removed the card and put it in the computer formatted it, clear the data, restored the old data and put back in the scanner, everything works, but the Sentinel software does not see it. Scanner works and all.
I also see that one cable to trigger the usb mass storage, where another will not.

Hit_Factor

Yes I ran the trouble shooter in Windows 10 Professional and it said it fixed the problem that was a compatibility problem but stiil the problem is there. Don't know what else to do.
Steve
Maybe these instructions will help you.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Maybe these instructions will help you.

Thank you for taking the time to send this information, I have fixed the access denied problem when I changed to Administrator, but know this is the only problem I am having,
I turn on my scanner, PRESS (E) to put the scanner into USB MASS STORAGE.
The computer brings up my Directories and it is on the USB Drive, I have to close my directory page,
Then I start the Sentinel program, every time I go into sentinel program or try to write my Favorite lists to the scanner the directory list page keeps coming up and I have to close that page to do anything. I have re-installed the Sentinel Program and I have changed the path in Sentinel to the Uniden directory and this does not stop the problem. I also made a directory on my hard drive C:/ Sentinel Files and had Sentinel go to that path and still the problem is there. I also ran the trouble shooter in Windows 10 Professional and it said there was a compatible problem and it ran the trouble shooter program and said it had fixed the problem, the I run Sentinel and the problem is still there. I don't know what else I can try I have never had a problem like this with any other programs on any of my computers, just Sentinel. Any help trouble shooting this appreciated.
My file directory page keeps popping up and showing all my directories and the USB directory Sentinel Program is using.
Steve

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
My file directory page keeps popping up and showing all my directories and the USB directory Sentinel Program is using.
Steve
There's your problem. YOU CANNOT INSTALL SENTINEL IN A USB OR CLOUD DRIVE FOLDER. IT HAS TO BE ON YOUR HARD DRIVE.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Then why did you say Sentinel was using a USB directory?

The only thing that should have anything to do with USB is the scanner SD card. All of your Sentinel program and data files need to be on your hard drive. There are several, including one in the Users- Program Data folder for your Windows account that most people miss when cleaning up folder permissions. You shouldn't have to run as administrator, that's a symptom permissions are messed up.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Then why did you say Sentinel was using a USB directory?

The only thing that should have anything to do with USB is the scanner SD card. All of your Sentinel program and data files need to be on your hard drive. There are several, including one in the Users- Program Data folder for your Windows account that most people miss when cleaning up folder permissions. You shouldn't have to run as administrator, that's a symptom permissions are messed up.
All I can tell you is I ran Sentinel software and it put the program onto my hard drive but when I try and write my favorite file to my scanner it keeps brining up my directory file page and then I have to close that page and then I can write my favorit files to the scanner.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.