SDR / PDW question.... POCSAG - Is there nothing local to me? (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1081

Hi all.
Based in Gloucestershire, UK. Having spent the last few days looking around POCSAG and Flex, there seems to be only two frequencies that contain anything. Literally anything: 153.025 and 153.350. Although these frequencies are busy - everything that comes through on PDW is up north (Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool) or in London. Also worth noting there's nothing at all on 147.8000MHz. I thought that was supposed to be all the national fire pagers.
Is there nothing local around Glos, Oxfordshire, Worcestershire, Somerset or the Midlands (or is it a case that simply nothing's happening?)

1638779143037.png1638779127299.png

morfis

Hi all.
Based in Gloucestershire, UK. Having spent the last few days looking around POCSAG and Flex, there seems to be only two frequencies that contain anything. Literally anything: 153.025 and 153.350. Although these frequencies are busy - everything that comes through on PDW is up north (Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool) or in London. Also worth noting there's nothing at all on 147.8000MHz. I thought that was supposed to be all the national fire pagers.
Is there nothing local around Glos, Oxfordshire, Worcestershire, Somerset or the Midlands (or is it a case that simply nothing's happening?)

The two frequencies you put in bold are the National use frequencies (since vodapage shut down PageOne are the only National system). There is traffic relating to the whole country but certain users are certainly using the system far more than others. In terms of the specific counties you mention there is definitely activity that relates to them.
The fire alerters frequency you mention is Nationally allocated BUT local use...again some trumptons use it a lot, some only for specific purposes and some not at all. Some trumptons use the PageOne system for their alerters rather than the home office allocations.
There are other frequencies used for paging systems - again it's local usage though.

.........There is a UK section of the bulletin board

Status
Not open for further replies.