SDR# Simple DMR Plugin

CommRX

Does anyone have a copy of the Simple DMR plugin residing on their PC they could share, and does it work with 1910? All the online links I've found appear to be dead. There does not appear to be much DMR activity in my area, and just wanted to verify before installing a more in depth package.

CommRX

Much appreciated. While I have yet to log an active frequency utilizing DMR, I can verify the plugin loaded and appears to be functioning properly on version 1910. Thanks again.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
There is also a simple P25 plug in. Pretty sure both only decode voice channels and not a control channel. Just a heads up.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What's the difference with what?

If you mean the plugins in your pic, one is P25 and not enabled. The other is DMR and is enabled.

If you mean voice vs control, the plugins will only decode voice when on a voice channel. If you land on a control channel, they will not decode any voice.

CommRX

After your post, I also installed the APCO 25 plugin. Without thinking, being they were essentially the same module, I (ahem) assumed the Simple APCO plugin may have been an upgraded version of the Simple DMR in which I had been unable to locate beforehand. It appears they are both from the same author, except one is readily available, and the other I need assistance in obtaining. My post could have been worded better.

mancow

Database Admin
I can't keep simple DMR installed. APCO works and DMR works after I drag the DLL there. If I close SDRsharp the DMR plugin is gone and I have to do it again.

mancow

Database Admin
The plugin window in sdr#. It just disappears.

I downloaded the file in post #2. I unzipped it and copied both DLLs to the SDR# folder. I launced SDR# and it appeared in the left hand window below APCO. I then closed SDR# and reopened it and it's no longer in the window on the left side and not available from the hamburger menu pick list. I'm using 1.0.0.1854.

Well now it's working. I deleted my shortcut and created a new one from the directory it resides. I checked the properties of both shortcuts and it wasn't pointing to some other installation location.

Bizarre.

Last edited:

n1moy

Thanks for the apco.zip post.
I have both apco_full.dll & SDRSharp.APCO.dll in my Plugins folder.
The "Simple APCO" Panel is available in SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919 and enabled.
Trying to monitor a public service agency repeater about 1/2 mile away.
Testing with SDR# and an Uniden SDS200 side by side.
All SDR# is producing is a leading burst of static and sometimes a trailing burst.

What is the function of the min/max panel slider?
Which other adjustments are critical for successful operation?

Thanks again,

VladeDoddy

Thanks for the apco.zip post.
I have both apco_full.dll & SDRSharp.APCO.dll in my Plugins folder.
The "Simple APCO" Panel is available in SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919 and enabled.
Trying to monitor a public service agency repeater about 1/2 mile away.
Testing with SDR# and an Uniden SDS200 side by side.
All SDR# is producing is a leading burst of static and sometimes a trailing burst.

What is the function of the min/max panel slider?
Which other adjustments are critical for successful operation?

Thanks again,
Version 1919 of SDR# has some changes to the audio that seem to be incompatible with Simple APCO and some other plugins. It appears to decode the transmission, but no audio will play. And the author of SDR# seems to think no one should be using older versions of it anymore and has removed the two or three older versions that used to be found on the Airspy website.

If you're referring to the min/max slider on the Simple APCO panel, then I *think* that controls the buffer size but I'm not 100% sure.

VladeDoddy

I was reading on another forum that a workaround to get audio working with Simple APCO and Simple DMR is to go to the hamburger menu in SDR# and click on AGC and enable that. I've tried it with Simple APCO and it is outputting audio now. The Threshold and Decay settings will need some fine tuning and I'm still trying to find the best settings for setup.

n1moy

Have enabled AGC and can confirm some improvement. Some occasional low level audio decoded. At best, only bits and pieces of the communication mixed with bursts of louder static.

So far my attempts to tweak threshold and decay have been fruitless.

Good find on the other forum !

VladeDoddy

I'm finding that with the decay setting that the higher it is, the slower the audio fades in. Slow enough that short transmissions are missed completely. However, setting it too low causes it to ramp up any background noise as soon as someone stops talking which is annoying. Right now, I have it set to 75 and that is mostly tolerable but still not ideal.

To correct something I said above: the slider control in the Simple APCO panel is for the volume as MIkeTheListener said.