SDR switching modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaw101

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

I searched for an answer for this and didn't find anything, so I hope I'm not being redundant.

I'm using SDR# with Frequency Manager. I have a bank of milair frequencies I scan. They are all AM. What happens when scanning is the mode will change from AM to NFM. I can manually switch back to AM, but before getting fully through a scan, it'll change to NFM. It doesn't seem to be related to any particular frequency. And no...I don't have any frequencies that would be considered NFM. Any ideas? TIA

flaw101

Premium Subscriber
Fixed

That seems to have taken care of the issue. I would have never discovered that. Thanks a bunch!!

BM82557

I had to change some of the bandplan entries to match how they are used in the U.S. Here's what I use for UHF Milair -

<RangeEntry minFrequency="225000000" maxFrequency="400000000" mode="AM" color="olivedrab">Military Air Band UHF</RangeEntry>

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
That seems to have taken care of the issue. I would have never discovered that. Thanks a bunch!!

The bandplan is an interesting feature but I usually shut it off so I have full control over modes, bandwidth, step sizes, etc. But as mentioned above it does have an editable configuration so the end-user can customize it for their best use.

Glad it worked out for you.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I had to change some of the bandplan entries to match how they are used in the U.S. Here's what I use for UHF Milair -

<RangeEntry minFrequency="225000000" maxFrequency="400000000" mode="AM" color="olivedrab">Military Air Band UHF</RangeEntry>

What does that use for a step size since one is not listed in that line?

This is mine
<RangeEntry minFrequency="225000000" maxFrequency="380000000" mode="AM" step="25000" color="red">Military Air</RangeEntry>

BM82557

I use the Frequency Manager Suite and mode, filter bandwidth, filter order, squelch level, squelch enabled etc is pulled in from the FreqMgr database.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok, that makes sense. I dont have the suite (installs to pc, and I keep my sdr folder in google drivemaking it portable) so I would think if I removed the scaping from that line, it would default to what's currently selected in SDR#. Gonna try that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.