SDR Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandalf58

Hello all

I found a copy of the above in a bundle of sdr software I downloaded from the internet and I assume the program is authored by Youssef of SDR# fame? The interface looks realyy good but I can't get it to work. Has anypne else used this software who can help?

Regards

David GW7EMO

br0adband

Nothing special that I note, it just appears to be a bunch of typically separate items (SDR#, DSD, DSD+, plugins, etc) all thrown together in one archive, along with the so called "SDR Ultra" which is a custom compile/build of SDR# as far as I can tell. It's got some issues: whoever compiled it used an older Borland compiler because it complains about a missing component when it's first fired up (borlndmm.dll) and also complains about another missing component (ExtIO library ExtIO_pappradio2.dll) but it still does load.

Can't see anything special about it, my first impression (which is my opinion, of course) is "Ugh..." and that's all I'm going to say. :D

Also sent the archive to VirusTotal just to check on it, seems clean with 4 possible false positives that were originally detected but after a re-analysis it showed 3 because several of the antivirus scanners were timing out/not responding. Here's the link for the results if you're paranoid to some degree anyway:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b8599f4ce6717ffa664b5249/analysis/1399880020/

Got no use for this custom compiled thing but maybe someone might like it. I prefer good old plain vanilla SDR# personally. ;)

Apparently the name is "SDRsharper" so whatever.

Attachments

• SDRsharper.jpg
    SDRsharper.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,625

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
It was actually put up by another poster in another thread after that SDR guy had a tantrum and closed his site along with all the SDR program files.

It was clearly stated it was a SDR Software collection for anyone who needed it. Apparently it contains multiple versions of the software or is supposed to.

Ironically it was this program the guy had a tantrum about.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Hmmmm... malware. Thanks, but no thanks. Back to the regularly scheduled program :roll:

n4yek

Nothing special that I note, it just appears to be a bunch of typically separate items (SDR#, DSD, DSD+, plugins, etc) all thrown together in one archive, along with the so called "SDR Ultra" which is a custom compile/build of SDR# as far as I can tell. It's got some issues: whoever compiled it used an older Borland compiler because it complains about a missing component when it's first fired up (borlndmm.dll) and also complains about another missing component (ExtIO library ExtIO_pappradio2.dll) but it still does load.

Can't see anything special about it, my first impression (which is my opinion, of course) is "Ugh..." and that's all I'm going to say. :D

Also sent the archive to VirusTotal just to check on it, seems clean with 4 possible false positives that were originally detected but after a re-analysis it showed 3 because several of the antivirus scanners were timing out/not responding. Here's the link for the results if you're paranoid to some degree anyway:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b8599f4ce6717ffa664b5249/analysis/1399880020/

Got no use for this custom compiled thing but maybe someone might like it. I prefer good old plain vanilla SDR# personally. ;)

Apparently the name is "SDRsharper" so whatever.

I like the looks of it, I just wish I could use it with my RTL-USB. It's not in the drop down box.

Hmmmm... malware. Thanks, but no thanks. Back to the regularly scheduled program :roll:

Ive been running this on & off,,My machines are clean,No Malware,No Viruses...But that was an original that I DL'd from the sdr UK yahoo group..

.....I like the looks of it, I just wish I could use it with my RTL-USB. It's not in the drop down box.

Again,Been using it good with the USB SDR Sticks,the 4000 and the 820..

n4yek

I like the looks of it, I just wish I could use it with my RTL-USB. It's not in the drop down box.

Finally got it going, after using it I don't like it. Looks are nice but the operation isn't what I am used to seeing. Going back to the original.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Ive been running this on & off,,My machines are clean,No Malware,No Viruses...But that was an original that I DL'd from the sdr UK yahoo group..

.....I like the looks of it, I just wish I could use it with my RTL-USB. It's not in the drop down box.

Again,Been using it good with the USB SDR Sticks,the 4000 and the 820..

Not worth the trouble IMHO. As soon as I attempted to download it my browser was instructed to go to several malware infested sites. I'd be interested if it was posted somewhere clean and safer.

kilokat7

Premium Subscriber
Is this software compatible with the Perseus SDR? The graphic design of this GUI looks very familiar :)

tip

Premium Subscriber
Error with Ultra using RTL USB dongle

It seems to recognize the device (E4000 tuner), I can select RTL-SDR/USB from pull-down, and then open it up to configure.

However, as soon as I hit play, I get an error stating: Cannot access RTL device.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.