SDR# with VAC

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello hall,

A few days ago I started to experiment with HFDL. I installed PC-HFDL and fed it from my 7610 and it decoded just fine and I bought the licence for PC-HFDL. Now the real goal is to use my AirSpy H+ discovery with SDR# to send the signal to PC-HFDL. I watched a few videos and as expected this setup requires a virtual audio cable. Luckyly I have a paid version of VAC.

My first setup was as follow

1- installed VAC with default config so there is only one virtual cable.
2- configured SDR# to send the audio out to the virtual cable. USB mode selected, no squelch, no preamp, no audio filtering, bandwidth set to 3.6Khz.
3- PC-HFDL configured to receive signal from virtual cable.

I clearly see the signal in SDR# waterfall and in PH-HFDL graph but it does not decode. I tried different gain value but no luck. I was pretty sure it was something with VAC so I uninstalled VAC to try another product called VB Audio Cable.

My second setup is like the first one except that I used VB Audio Cable and of course made the change In SDR# and PC-HFDL. Still no decode so I’m thinking the problem is SDR# or PC-HFDL.

Luckyly I have also ans SDRPlay Duo so I tried it with VB audio cable, and SDRUno and PC-HFDL started decoding immediately. I then removed VB audio cable and reinstalled VAC and what do you know it still works. So the problem appears to be with SDR#

Have any of you got SDR#+VAC+PC-HFDL working together ? I don’t know what parameter to change anymore in SDR#. Any ideas ?

Many thanks
73 de va2fcs