SDR# Won't Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
After I downloaded the new version of SDR#, I clicked on the Installer and I keep getting the message "AudioProcessor: Error downloading file". I never had this problem when I installed the previous versions. Anyone know why this is happening?SDRSharpNotInstalling.png

tango20k

Hey ILJim,
this most likely relates to website repository error . so file is just not found on the website server or has been replaced with a newer one.

morfis

With a couple of releases a day recently to add features and update telerik several plugins are causing even more errors than normal in that downloader. The pertson who supplies it has been made aware.
Discussion in posts at: [email]airspy@groups.io[/email] | Topics

Simple solution for now (always actually) is to use the actual release version and then only add the plugins you actually 'need' (some aren't needed any more due to changes in the programme and some seem unlikley to work but I've not seen any users list the problematic ones).

thewraith2008

Most (Vasili's) plug-ins are sourced from rtl-sdr.ru, this website is currently down and is why the installer is failing.

As morfis said, only use the standard version of SDR#.
The number one problem SDR# will encounter will be from plug-ins.

The community plug-in package is a bit of a dis-service to SDR# as new users can't help themselves and install every plug-in.
They are not made aware that some of the plug-ins are quite old (and no longer maintained) and have become problematic with newer versions of SDR#. There is also the problem that some plug-ins may not be compatible with other plug-ins.

Manually installing plug-ins is not that hard.
Copy file/s to SDR# folder then edit 'Plugins.xml' and add the appropriate line for each plug-in. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.