SDRTRUNK Streaming to phone on LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

syntha

Sometimes that helps, but you can still run into issues with RDC hijacking audio connections, even causing some software to crash if it can no longer gain exclusive control of an audio device. I gave up and use Splashtop or TightVNC instead.
Im confused, do I need Vbcable/RadioFeed and TightVNC/Client to receive on my phone? Wouldn't I be able to listen to my computer remotely with just TightVNC/Client? I'm clearly missing something, any help much appreciated! Thanks!

da2ricky

Here is a nifty program that will stream all audio output from whatever machine you install it on. It's been a while since I've used it but iirc, it generates a .mp4 that you can open with VLC media player on your computer and/or phone to listen.

Trunking Recorder works great with SDRTrunk if all you wanted to do was listen on a computer. It's worth having for the logging alone. It works on a phone, but when the screen goes to sleep, so does the stream.

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
Would someone be willing to talk me through, "step-by-step" getting my sdr to stream with RadioFeed and VB-Audio? My SDS100 is at Uniden for warranty service. Imagine that. Second dead sds100 in less than a month. Anyway, my "old" patience is wearing thin trying to get a stream going so I can listen away from home. I use SDRTrunk successfully on my laptop or desktop. I have no problems setting that up and receive P25-1 for my area with all of NC VIPER. I have read myself in circles trying to get a stream through SDRTRUNK with RadioFeed, or IceCast. Can't do Broadcastify, as I listen to a lot of TAC channels. Thanks, to anyone that will take on this Step-by-step task.

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
Would someone be willing to talk me through, "step-by-step" getting my sdr to stream with RadioFeed and VB-Audio? My SDS100 is at Uniden for warranty service. Imagine that. Second dead sds100 in less than a month. Anyway, my "old" patience is wearing thin trying to get a stream going so I can listen away from home. I use SDRTrunk successfully on my laptop or desktop. I have no problems setting that up and receive P25-1 for my area with all of NC VIPER. I have read myself in circles trying to get a stream through SDRTRUNK with RadioFeed, or IceCast. Can't do Broadcastify, as I listen to a lot of TAC channels. Thanks, to anyone that will take on this Step-by-step task.
Somehow I "just" saw the Wiki for RadioFeed. Gonna try to figure it out.

syntha

Just wanted to add an update and how I got this to work very simply - install VBcable and RadioFeed (set output to 44100Hz on both for clear audio) and just use the webserver option to stream out (setup/initialize port-forwarding on router to RadioFeed webserver port and drop VPN if using one). Easily accessed via browser on my android, and works and with the screen off! Bonus points for not being a battery killer. Thanks for pointing me towards those free programs! Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.