SDS100/SDS200: SDS 100 Power/Programming Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

a417

Any USB mini cable should work. Here's an ebay listing for one
...that has 4 wires, or comes with a device that gets programmed via a computer should work. I have beheaded many cheap usb mini wires for projects, only to find red & black wires inside the insulation, and they simply won't pass data as the other 2 conductors are missing. They'll power, but they won't program.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I have an old GPS that doesn't work anymore, but the USB cable works fine on the SDS100. Check around the house you may all already have one.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Who sells the USB Power/Programming cable for the SDS 100 scanner ?

It is just a USB cable, with one consideration to be aware of. The 100 needs a cable (and power wart) capable of giving it sufficient voltage to run and charge at the same time. As a side note: if you ever do get the low voltage message, the radio will re-set the charge while on setting to off. If you ever get the error, you have to manually set it back.

Besides all the data wires people have already talked about, look for "24AWG" which indicates heavier power wires are being used, (just like the cable that comes in the box).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L1380E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
If you are going to power and charge, make sure the USB cable has a good gauge wire or the voltage loss will kill the charge with power.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok I purchased this one as recommended above. Just got the 6ft one. Here is the link he sent me to.

I have that same cable. Works very well. Monoprice, whether ordered through Amazon or direct via their website, has been a good source for many different cables. Their HDMI cables are considerably less expensive than the overpriced ones at big box stores, and work with no problems at all. Besides USB cables of various types, I've also purchase other types.

Status
Not open for further replies.