Sds 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riderman33

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know about the sds 100 scanner cause i just recently got this scanner and i had it programed to recieve my local area but i cant seem to get any traffic to come across is there something im doing wrong cause i should be hearing some sort of traffic on it

Does anyone know about the sds 100 scanner cause i just recently got this scanner and i had it programed to recieve my local area but i cant seem to get any traffic to come across is there something im doing wrong cause i should be hearing some sort of traffic on it

What agencies are you trying to monitor?

Post the link from the database.

Riderman33

Premium Subscriber
Ohio Marcs And WV Sirn but im trying to pick up the wheeling wv area but i cant get anything to come across cause i was told this scanner picks up anything that is simulcast over the trx 1 but so far i havent been able to get anything

Riderman33

Premium Subscriber
I mean my sds 100 is scanning and i have it to where its scanning my favorite list but i hardly hear any traffic on it then i do my other scanners

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Then it is possible that there is something amiss with your programming. I suggest you redo everything and go step-by-step with the check list. There are a few things crucial to your reception - range, location, download and monitor your lists, service checks, recheck it all.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Did you pay to have it programmed? If so, have you contacted them to see if they did it correctly or if they can offer some guidance?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Did you pay to have it programmed? If so, have you contacted them to see if they did it correctly or if they can offer some guidance?

Also, if you programmed it yourself (or paid to have it done) and it's not working, start troubleshooting by using the Zip Code feature. If you can put in your zip code and the radio monitors just fine, there's probably something awry with your programming.

Also check to make sure your desired service types (Law Dispatch, Law Tac, Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, etc) are enabled on the menu.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I can look at your programming file . I am guessing you are trying to monitor the Ohio County site on SIRN and and the Ohio Marcs sites in the area Jefferson County etc.

XTS3000

Also, if you programmed it yourself (or paid to have it done) and it's not working, start troubleshooting by using the Zip Code feature. If you can put in your zip code and the radio monitors just fine, there's probably something awry with your programming.

Also check to make sure your desired service types (Law Dispatch, Law Tac, Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, etc) are enabled on the menu.

Good advice. I just turn on every “service type” in my SDS 100 and when TGs that I don’t want to listen to, like the dog catcher or water department, I just permanently lock them out. Solved some of my “can’t receive certain XYZ TGs”

For my area systems, the database for specific TGs are simply incorrect. After importing my county’s system to my favorites list and having my AXP radio properly programmed, the SDS was missing some important department. Looking into the situation, I discovered the database was wrong for many TGs.

Being a Motorola repair tech, every APX radio that comes in for repair, I read it and back it up. I also have the master template code plug for my entire county for radios that come back from the depot with a blank code plug.

About a month ago, we had a slow period in the day and a sheriff deputy came in with a volume problem on his APX6000. I told him the repair would take 1/2 hour and offered him the option to wait for the repair. He was overjoyed and asked if he could watch his radio being repaired. He came back to the repair room and seen my SDS100 running and decoding sheriff F1 TG. He said how are you..... oh yeah you fix our radios and have the proper TG. He proceeded to say many departments know of this website and submit incorrect TGs so criminals can’t listen.

So if your radio isn’t stopping what you think it should, make sure you have all “service types” are turned on. If that doesn’t help, then make sure you are scanning with “ID Search” enabled and NOT “ID Scan”. That way you’ll discover incorrect TGs over time and be able to use Sentinel software to correct wrong TGs.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
That's very interesting, that LEOs and staff are submitting erroneous information to the RR database, if that is indeed true. If you think about it, RR being so trusting of it's anonymous contributors, all it would take would be a concentrated effort on a massive scale to wreak havoc on our information here. Kinda scary.

JD
kf4anc

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Riderman33 if you ever need help let me know by E-Mail if you want. I am over in Belmont County

Status
Not open for further replies.