SDS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmich52

Well we finally took the plunge & bought the 200 from bearcat warehouse, Not sure how deep in the waitlist I am, They say they will start shipping This week, we shall see

My questions r as follows

1. since I changed over 2 win 10, i have not been able 2 bring sentinal up on my desktop so i can update my 100 & soon 2 be 200

What can I do 2 bring up the green sentinal icon??

2.I live in the manchester area,I travel 2 hartford daily, CSP, tn/ww & a few other towns etc, what would the suggestions b as 2 setting range/squelch & zipcode etc 4 the best coverage??

gonna start simple & in due time I will build a FAV LIST

TIA 4 all suggestions

Stay safe out there every1

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
1. since I changed over 2 win 10, i have not been able 2 bring sentinal up on my desktop so i can update my 100 & soon 2 be 200

2.I live in the manchester area,I travel 2 hartford daily, CSP, tn/ww & a few other towns etc, what would the suggestions b as 2 setting range/squelch & zipcode etc 4 the best coverage??

Make sure your Windows 10 has been updated. Make sure Sentinal is the latest version.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
my desktop/system will not let me put the sentinal icon on it at all

Did you install the most recent version of Sentinel? How are you attempting to put the icon on the desktop? Is it in your Start Menu? If so did you try launching it from there?

bobmich52

Thanks Imonitor

I will take your suggestions & look into them & see what's happening when I get a few, Time 2 get ready 4 the grind of the weeko_O

kruser

Premium Subscriber
You also need to look in control panel under Programs and Features/Turn Windows features on or off, and make sure the .Net Framework 3.5 feature is selected otherwise Sentinel will not install. Unless Microsoft has changed something in more recent builds, .NET Framework 3.5 is not enabled by default, you must enable it. This one gets a lot of users trying to install Sentinel.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Win 10 is fully updated

my desktop/system will not let me put the sentinal icon on it at all

Your post is a little confusing....

Are you saying that you were able to install and run the Sentinel software on your computer and that you just can't get the shortcut icon to appear on your desktop?

OR are you saying that you can't install the Sentinel software on your computer at all?

Are you seeing any error messages? If so, what exactly do they say?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well we finally took the plunge & bought the 200 from bearcat warehouse, Not sure how deep in the waitlist I am, They say they will start shipping This week, we shall see

My questions r as follows

Make sure that your Windows 10 has the (Dot).Net files required by Sentinel.
See this:

bobmich52

A few minutes b4 work

The only thing that shows up on my desktop is a manila colored folder when u open it it says HP sentinel 2 03 02

a bit further I found a . net fx & windows installer 3-1

no error messages

UUUGGGHHH I aint no bill gates, but I can screw in a lightbulb on my own though;)

BTW I contacted Bearcat warehouse this AM, They r shipping this week, Did not mention if my order was deep on waitlist, It would B nice if mines was in the 1st wave

belvdr

No longer interested in living
A few minutes b4 work

The only thing that shows up on my desktop is a manila colored folder when u open it it says HP sentinel 2 03 02

a bit further I found a . net fx & windows installer 3-1

UUUGGGHHH I aint no bill gates, but I can screw in a lightbulb on my own though;)

BTW I contacted Bearcat warehouse this AM, They r shipping this week, Did not mention if my order was deep on waitlist, It would B nice if mines was in the 1st wave
Sounds like you did not install the software.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
A few minutes b4 work

You are using the wrong version of Sentinel. V 2.03.02 is Sentinel for the Home Patrol 1&2 scanners.

You need to be using Sentinel for the BCDx36HP & SDSx00 scanners. The current version number for that is V 2.02.01

EDIT ----------------

If this sounds familiar, looks like you had the same problem of using the wrong Sentinel with your SDS100 also just a short time ago:

Last edited:

bobmich52

Thank u FXdscon

@ work will try again when I get a few

maybe by the time my 200 comes I’ll have it figured out

fwiw, when my tower died & I went from win 7 2 win 10, installed professionally, only thing I had 2 do was reinstall my desktop/ programs from my Carbonite, some things did not transfer over including the little green icon

I do appreciate the tech advances in this hobby, but I still miss my 1st scanner, a regency 10 channel rock bound scanner with the red lights

bobmich52

Decided 2 have them customize a SD card 4 Hartford & Tolland county, I want it ready 2 go out of the box

Whats a few more bucks when u spent that much already??

I thank all for suggestions to get my sentinal working, will use when I can put some time into it

Off 2 the daily grind

Reconrider

If you're anywhere near the middle of the state, we can always meet up at a place with wifi and I can bring my laptop and program it for ya. Just have to figure out days off for work and such

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Decided 2 have them customize a SD card 4 Hartford & Tolland county, I want it ready 2 go out of the box

I thank all for suggestions to get my sentinal working, will use when I can put some time into it

Off 2 the daily grind
As many have said before, it's better to program yourself so you can learn how things are done. Sure, it will work out of the box, but it will also surely need customized sooner or later.

bobmich52

Got A few b4 I go 2 work

Using the suggestions from here , guess whats now on my desktop??

The green icon:)

as time permits, I can FINALLY update/customize My 100 & in due time make a separate card 4 my 200 when I get it, Its stuck in back order purgatory @ bearcat warehouse, hopefully I get it in a few weeks

Thank u every1

You are using the wrong version of Sentinel. V 2.03.02 is Sentinel for the Home Patrol 1&2 scanners.

You need to be using Sentinel for the BCDx36HP & SDSx00 scanners. The current version number for that is V 2.02.01

EDIT ----------------

If this sounds familiar, looks like you had the same problem of using the wrong Sentinel with your SDS100 also just a short time ago:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber

Off 2 the daily grind
Better off having one of us in nearby guide you through it so in the future you can do updates yourself. Better in the long run IMO.

bobmich52

Its up & running & installed in my office, not bad, will play with display some day

Ran it alongside with my 100, comparable reception 4 csp, TN/WW & local PD's

I do find the audio a bit muffled & choppy @ times, I have the box mountain towers in my area, picking up some intermod from there

I did have it pre programmed 4 my counties, locked out the freqs I don't need, all good

Decided 2 turn on the nationwide data base & put in my zip code & was very impressed with reception on all bands, It picks up much more than The 100

Will put it in my car & listen 2 it & see how it works whenever the heat goes down

still aways 2 go 2 learn it, But so far so good(y)

Windsor

Suggest you try "You Tube" and search for the SDS200 or SDS100. There are some basic instructions on how to program it, how to set up favorites, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.