SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Battery compartment latch broke

bg_nashville

The latch broke on my SDS 100 over the weekend. I never upgraded to the larger battery. Are the battery latches the same size for both them smaller and larger battery compartments? Will these fit the smaller battery compartment?

ebay Bart's Scanner Parts

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
The latch broke on my SDS 100 over the weekend. I never upgraded to the larger battery. Are the battery latches the same size for both them smaller and larger battery compartments? Will these fit the smaller battery compartment?

ebay Bart's Scanner Parts
The latches should be the same between the old slim battery cover and the new fat battery cover.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Thanks! Is it still the case that people can't order the part directly from Uniden-- we have to send it in for repair?

I believe that is the case (not my call FYI). Aftermarket parts may be easier to get.

palmerjrusa

Thanks! Is it still the case that people can't order the part directly from Uniden-- we have to send it in for repair?

You can buy stronger 3-D printed battery clips on ebay.

The battery clip on my early SDS100 snapped in two (even though I was being very careful when switching out batteries).

Bought a couple 3-D printed battery clips on ebay and they work just fine, no problems since.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
There’s also a way to adapt a paper binder clip to work… just need the right size. I believe you may find something on it if you do a search on Google because I saw it somewhere on the internet but don’t remember where. I ordered up a stronger 3D printed one when the guy who was doing the GPS installs on SDS100’s was still around. I didn’t wait for the original clip to break-just swapped it out with the new one and tossed the old one. (I wasn't about to carry around elastic bands or tape with me while I waited for the thing to crap out!)

palmerjrusa

There’s also a way to adapt a paper binder clip to work… just need the right size. I believe you may find something on it if you do a search on Google because I saw it somewhere on the internet but don’t remember where. I ordered up a stronger 3D printed one when the guy who was doing the GPS installs on SDS100’s was still around. I didn’t wait for the original clip to break-just swapped it out with the new one and tossed the old one. (I wasn't about to carry around elastic bands or tape with me while I waited for the thing to crap out!)

Did the same here.

Though when Uniden replaced the clip after I sent it back to get the SDS100's rotary encoder replaced I just switched the replacement clip for one of the 3-D printed ones.