SDS100 BOEC & WC P25 Systems scanning but no audio

BradKirk

Premium Subscriber
I just got my SDS100. I am able to hear all of the conventional systems and I can see the P25 / P25 II systems coming up with DATA & bars but I cannot hear the audio from the BOEC (Portland/MultCo) or WC systems. I have tried for hours to fish for myself but am throwing up the white flag and asking for help. I have tried the following:
  • Zip code
  • Made favorites lists in Sentinal and successfully loaded
  • Set the scan selections.
  • Turned on all the service types
  • Set squelch to 0

BradKirk

Premium Subscriber
I checked Radio Reference before I bought my SDS100 and it seemed to indicated that PPB tactical channels were encrypted and dispatch was open. This is not an attempt at a rant or complaint, I simply want to be sure I am not programming the SDS incorrectly or that I need a software option I do not have.

I posed a question in an earlier thread indicating my problem with Washington County and Portland Police thinking I was not programming correctly.

I have since discovered that Washington County is fully encrypted but I have seen no posts saying PPB has done the same. I have gotten pretty good at Favorite Lists and learned a lot about P25, NAC & Filters so I no longer think it is a programming problem and that PPB has gone quiet. Can anybody confirm my suspicion?

Thanks in advance for your help and I apologize if this has been covered but I could not find any such comments in the forum.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand, their Dispatch channel was/is in the clear, however they haven't used it the last year or so and have dispatched off of a Tac channel that IS encrypted. Riots and all....

On WCCCA (WCNP25), LE talkgroups are encrypted. Firecomm for Washington and Clackamas counties and other talkgroups are mostly not. Some of the LE talkgroups are streamed in the clear on Broadcastify, links to which are available on the WCCCA website.

I believe MultCo SO on BOEC is still in the clear. OSP talkgroups on the Oregon State Radio Project are also still in the clear. MultCo fire talk groups are also in the clear.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Set the squelch to 2, if you need to set at zero to obtain a signal you probably are not getting a good enough signal to decode.
You should also lockout (avoid) all of the sites except the one nearest to you.