SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Channels as Favorites P25

gkudasz

Feed Provider
Hello! I want to set "channels" as favorites from a trunked system. Please excuse if I get terminology wrong.

I can create a Favorites list for four channels I want to monitor under North Carolina/Mecklenburg/Charlotte UASI/Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.

The list gets sent to the scanner and I can select it but it says there is nothing to scan.

I'm guessing this can't be done. I'll either need a different profile or Avoid the channels that I don't want.

This might be a deal-breaker for me.

Am I correct? Is there another way?

thx

1676684172393.png1676684188297.png1676684230017.png

RickH

I feel your frustration. I monitor Charlotte Police, Fire, and Medic and think there is a missing link in your process. Are you using Sentinel or Proscan. I finally got mine receiving everything not encrypted. Be happy to chat with ya sometime to help you get receiving.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello! I want to set "channels" as favorites from a trunked system. Please excuse if I get terminology wrong.

I can create a Favorites list for four channels I want to monitor under North Carolina/Mecklenburg/Charlotte UASI/Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.

The list gets sent to the scanner and I can select it but it says there is nothing to scan.

I'm guessing this can't be done. I'll either need a different profile or Avoid the channels that I don't want.

This might be a deal-breaker for me.

Am I correct? Is there another way?

thx

View attachment 136621View attachment 136622View attachment 136623
Without being able to look at your Favorites list (unless you post it), there could be several reasons why you get a 'Nothing to Scan' message.
Look at this Wiki page:
The comments for the 'BCDx36HP' scanners are in the lower half of the page. Since both the BCDx36HP & SDS series scanners use the same Sentinel program as well as the same parameters for Favorites lists, those comments will apply to your SDS100 scanner as well.

The most common error that comes up are that the Service Types on the list are not enabled in your Profile.
If Location Control is being used, verify that your Favorites list entries have correct location & range information, as well as make sure that your correct location, and desired range, are also set correctly in your profile.

Also, if Quick Keys are being used, verify that they are enabled. The keys for Favorites lists can be enabled in your Profile.
1676686393471.png
If you <Right><Click> in that blank area to the right of the key #, you'll get a prompt to enable (or disable) all of them at one time.

The keys for systems on a given Favorites list can be checked & enabled when you open the Favorites list editor.
1676686239051.png
Check those, as well as as details on the 'Nothing to Scan' Wiki page.

sfb88

Just a thought since I have seen this left out before. Make sure that you included at least one site somewhere in your favorites list since that is where the control channel frequencies go.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Did you create the Favorites List by importing from the Sentinel Full Database? Any chance you could have left a site off or inadvertently deleted a critical one?

Also, this thread might give you some things to consider: BCDx36HP: - X36 "Nothing to Scan" Checklist

I'm fairly sure you will find the issue to be something easy to fix. Finding it is the challenge.

gkudasz

Feed Provider
Thanks, everyone! I started fresh for what it feels like the fifth time but this time, not in the middle of the night!

I zapped the user data from the scanner, removed the favorites from Sentinel, added the channels to a new favorites list, enabled it in Lists to Monitor, and turned off Full Database, which now works!

I appreciate all the tips.