SDS100 display setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus661

Almost Retired
Premium Subscriber
Can I set the display to not light up until it stops on a signal? Will setting it that way extend the battery life? If this can be done please give directions. Thanks

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Can I set the display to not light up until it stops on a signal? Will setting it that way extend the battery life? If this can be done please give directions. Thanks
This is the setting I use
dimmer=50%
Squelch Light=OPEN Squelch
Keypress light=infinite
Key Backlight=Enable
Flash with back light=On
External Power=Backlight=Off
THEN PRESS THE E YES BUTTON TO SET IT. make sure you do this or it will not work

Ubbe

Will setting it that way extend the battery life?
Not by very much. I believe the scanner takes something like 750mA when in use and the backlight takes something like 50mA. Less than a 7% longer battery life, from 6 hours to just shy of 7 hours.

/Ubbe

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber

If you haven't figured out the answer on your own, I accidently found out how to do it on my new SDS100.
Simply give the Power (and light) button a tap. Display turned off until signal received.

billybob

Premium Subscriber
I would like to change the color of the flashing led. The purple white color is annoying.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I would like to change the color of the flashing led. The purple white color is annoying.

I don't believe the standby light is color customizable like the alert lights are, but here's how to turn it off:

MENU > Display Options >Backlight Options
Flash w/Backlight Off Flashes the alert light every 5 seconds to let you know the scanner is still alive when the display is off.
Scroll to select On, or Off.

billybob

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe the standby light is color customizable like the alert lights are, but here's how to turn it off:

MENU > Display Options >Backlight Options
Flash w/Backlight Off Flashes the alert light every 5 seconds to let you know the scanner is still alive when the display is off.
Scroll to select On, or Off.

Thanks for the info. I like the idea but after I tuned it on I just don't like the color. It's annoying in the dark. Thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.