SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Gone Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Alright, my SDS100 has done a couple odd things over the past few days.

The other day, I turned it on and noticed I had zero signal on any frequency I manually entered or when scanning any favorite list. A power cycle fixed this.
I've not seen it do this but one time.

Today, I turn it on and select a favorite with a DMR OFT programmed. I get the Nothing to Scan message. I checked and all QK's of all types for this favorite are On as well as all Service Types are also On.
I scratch my head.
I then tried some other DMR favorites and same thing.
I'd simply used the profile from one of my x36HP models. I went to a 536HP and turned on a DMR favorite and it scanned it just fine.

I then tried a NXDN favorite in the SDS100. Same exact problem as I was seeing with DMR types.

So I check my Upgrades for all three optional system types. All are Blank and want me to enter a key!! I'm stumped again.

So I found my file with my keys which I'd bought the day I received my SDS100 and entered them in one at a time.
My SDS100 is once again scanning all of the optional system types again.

Has anyone else seen such odd behavior? It kind of scares me and when I saw no signal on any frequency the other day, I thought it was going to be the condition some others have seen where they had to send their SDS back to Uniden but my reception came back with a power cycle.

When any of this happened, I'd not been changing Firmware versions or anything. It just happened out of the blue.

I am running the latest public beta firmware versions of 1.06.00 and 1.01.05.

I don't really know when the Upgrade keys were lost in the SDS as I've used it for P25 systems for a week or two before I noticed this today.
I've not powered the scanner off in any odd way that could cause any type of corruption. I always hold the power button down until it tells me it is writing to the SD card and then powers itself off.
Very odd behavior!

If I send it back to Uniden, they will probably do nothing as it is working fine right now. If they can't duplicate either issue, they would not have anything to fix unless this is a known issue internally. I figure one day the thing may go belly up. If so, hopefully it will do so while still under warranty.

Just curious if anyone else has observed either of these strange issues.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Roll back to a earlier firmware and see if it helps.

When I sent one back for not powering off problem all they did was reinstall the
firmware and sent it back.
Worth a try?
Tom

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I've had the zero signal issue pop up a few times. First time it happened, it thought it might be a loose antenna, but it was screwed in tight. Same deal, had zero on the RSSI on every freq I tuned to, even ones that are normally full quieting. As with you, a simple power cycle fixed it and it was back to normal. It's happened maybe three times over the last two months or so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

woodpecker

Maybe its the start of the J410 connector issue, maybe the problems are heat stress related.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
This is very odd, and we are glad you posted it. For troubleshooting purposes, you should try updating via sentinel so you are using a stable firmware instead of the beta. If you are having trouble with this then, it Could be a problem with your scanner.

Are you switching target model under "tools" in the sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.