SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Protocol Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
GLG is known, ProScan uses it. See the test & extras tab.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
At present if you are using Proscan to control the SDS 100 you will not get an ON/OFF conformation for turning ON or OFF any Quick Key on your computer screen.

However, on the SDS 100 display you will receive a conformation of ON or OFF when you toggle the Quick Keys.

Bob the author of Proscan said that the SDS 100 is not sending a command out during this operation so he cannot fix this until a firmware update fixes it.

Did anyone see any such command for such an operation in the released Protocols?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Some additional notes:
Code:
cdb,M,1 - Enable CRC check for HP commands (AUF RMT)
cdb,M,0 - disable CRC check for HP commands (AUF RMT)
cdb,1 - debug mode 1     (Power down to exit)
cdb,2 - set debug mode 2   (RDB to exit)
RDB - exit from debug mode 2

RMT MODEL and RMT VERSION both return model (RMT     MODEL   SDS100  1018)
AUF is a set of Audio Feed commands first used on the HP1.
I tried the HomePatrol Audio Feeding Sample Program. The program communicated with
the scanner, but the scanner did not provide any audio files.

TST,X,UNIDEN_TEST_MODE        Note: Serial port disconnects.  Power down to exit
where X - command number

1-SOFTWARE VERSION DISPLAY
    2-CLOSE CALL TEST
    3-???
    4-NWR-SAME TEST
    5-KEY TOUCH /ALERT LED / HEADPHONE TEST
    6-???
    7-TONE-OUT TEST

cdc	  Returns audio parameters

PWR	 PWR,-72,04701750 returns RSSI Level in dBm and Frequency

73 Eric

robtro

Soo... There's missing docs for rf_power_plot and a band scope.....
bece3c04f49d45a7ac2a17be242fed28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rbn_rr

AST

Soo... There's missing docs for rf_power_plot and a band scope.....

Good catch, robtro!

The "AST,BAND_SCOPE" and AST,RF_POWER_PLOTcommands behave differently, but seem to be non-functional, on the BCD-436HP and the SDS-100.

(note: I've marked messages sent to the scanner(s) in bold and messages received from the scanner in italics.)
Code:
// Trying on SDS-100
[b]AST,BAND_SCOPE,488.0,0.5,0.0125,FM-N[/b]
[i]AST,ERR[/i]
// So, SDS-100 acknowledges the AST command but the parameter syntax is wrong or command is disabled

// Now trying on BCD-436HP
[b]AST,BAND_SCOPE,488.0,0.5,0.0125,FM-N[/b]
[i]AST,OK[/i]
// So, BCD-436HP acknowledges the command an indicates successful parsing of parameters ('OK')
// But, no further output and no change on radio

// Trying on SDS-100
[b]AST,RF_POWER_PLOT,4880000,NFM,800[/b]
[i]AST,ERR[/i]

While trying various AST commands, I did find that "AST,," (with apparently noting or nearly anything between the two commas) triggers a static stream of "empty" messages from the radio ("APR,1" pauses the output):
Code:
[b]AST,,[/b]
[i]<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?><0D><AST><0D>  <Footer No=“1” EOT=“1”/><0D></AST><0D>AST,<XML>,<0D>
<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?><0D><AST><0D>  <Footer No=“1” EOT=“1”/><0D></AST><0D>AST,<XML>,<0D>
<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?><0D><AST><0D>  <Footer No=“1” EOT=“1”/><0D></AST><0D>AST,<XML>,<0D>
<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?><0D><AST><0D>  <Footer No=“1” EOT=“1”/><0D></AST><0D>AST,<XML>,<0D>[/i]

// This output continues until the command "[b]APR,1[/b]" is sent or the "AST" mode is exited on the scanner

While the SDS-100 is in this "AST" mode, the screen is as shown in the attached photo.

I've never made use of the AST command on the 436/536, so I really don't know any more about it than the very little bit I learned today. I'll defer to others who may know more about how this command is *supposed* to work. (Experts on the "AST" command in previous firmware versions on other Uniden scanners, your time to speak up is now!)

There's more information on "AST" in an earlier Command Specification doc for the x36HP's: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate/Remote_Command_Plan_v0.17.pdf (this doc includes AST functionality for LCN_MONITOR, LCN_FINDER, CURRENT_ACTIVITY, ACTIVITY_LOG, BAND_SCOPE, RAW_DATA_OUTPUT, SYSTEM_STATUS).

So far, I've not been able to get the AST command to recognise any Site_ID I pass.

Go ahead, try out the "AST" command and share what you discover!

-rbn

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 367

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Since the receive and demodulation path are different, it makes sense that RF Plot, Bandscope, and Raw Data Output are disabled.

I ran an AST utility I wrote a couple of years ago and the other AST features worked. The site you want to analyze has to be enabled for scanning. My utility populates a drop-down list for selection.

73 Eric

n3617400

cmd AST work only with 2 arguments.
1st arg may be only:
- CURRENT_ACTIVITY
- LCN_MONITOR
- ACTIVITY_LOG
- LCN_FINDER
- SYSTEM_STATUS

ps. valid for v.1.02.03

robtro

Uniden, please enable these features!

robtro

"SDR" is interesting.... Results in this useless display on screen.

Useless meaning it does nothing. You can't seem to change the frequency, maybe someone can expose more info on this one.
ff3382612d1fb3c46edb48e164b8e249.jpg

jasonhouk

"SDR" is interesting.... Results in this useless display on screen.

Useless meaning it does nothing. You can't seem to change the frequency, maybe someone can expose more info on this one.
ff3382612d1fb3c46edb48e164b8e249.jpg

It's just a demo mode.

Houk

Status
Not open for further replies.