SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 replaced under warranty, how to transfer DMR, NXDN, ProVoice upgrades new replacement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsthefreq

My SDS100 usb Ports have failed, so bearcat warehouse ( where the scanner was purchased and replaced by ) replaced it with a new one, I purchased all 3 of the NXDN, DMR, ProVoice upgrades on the original scanner from uniden , how do re enable these on the the replacement sds100, since my new scanner has different serial number , will these not work on the new unit? The replacement scanner will be delivered tommorow, so I’m trying I get a head start on this, Uniden directs me to bearcat wherehouse to deal with the situation, and bearcat wherehouse directs me to uniden ,and said they need to handle it. Has anyone else had this issue , or can someone direct me to someone that can take care of the issue? Thanks so much.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Normally if you sent the scanner into Uniden they would have handled the entire process, either repairing/replacing your scanner and installing the upgrades.

Was Bearcat Warehouse aware of the upgrades being installed? I would think Bearcat Warehouse would be aware of this situation and should have contacted Uniden for how to proceed. I think the ball is in their court. Did you purchase the upgrades from them and did they install them?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The upgrades are not transferable. If you were on the 30 day money back or replacement from Bearcat Warehouse then they should install new ones, if you were on the one-year warranty from Uniden then they should replace them.

That's my opinion, what's going to happen in reality I'm sure somebody here has had it happen.

Bearcat Warehouse obligation stopped after the 30-day money back guarantee.

Did Uniden determine that the radio was not repairable and decided to give you a new one instead and if so they need to replace the upgrades.

If it was 30 days or less then Bearcat Warehouse needs to make the radio whole, it's part of their 30-day money back or replacement guarantee.

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
If you do need to buy keys for the new scanner yourself, do it through Uniden directly. You will be overpaying to have a storefront fetch them for you.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Okay reading your post again you apparently got a replacement from Bearcat Warehouse within the 30-day guarantee.. so they would have to replace the upgrades. Sorry I didn't read it right the first time.

whatsthefreq

The upgrades are not transferable. If you were on the 30 day money back or replacement from Bearcat Warehouse then they should install new ones, if you were on the one-year warranty from Uniden then they should replace them.

That's my opinion, what's going to happen in reality I'm sure somebody here has had it happen.

Bearcat Warehouse obligation stopped after the 30-day money back guarantee.

Did Uniden determine that the radio was not repairable and decided to give you a new one instead and if so they need to replace the upgrades.

If it was 30 days or less then Bearcat Warehouse needs to make the radio whole, it's part of their 30-day money back or replacement guarantee.
Thank you for the info, It was replaced by bearcat wherehouse , under there 1 year extended warranty I paid for. Bearcat wherehouse told me they don’t do repairs, so they sent me a new one. Really hoping I didn’t lose close to $200 on these upgrades ! Like you said, certainly I’m not the first person , nor the last, with This issue. If anyone one knows someone from uniden to contact, instead of there standard support email that would be great. Hopefully this issue gets resolved!

whatsthefreq

Okay reading your post again you apparently got a replacement from Bearcat Warehouse within the 30-day guarantee.. so they would have to replace the upgrades. Sorry I didn't read it right the first time.
It was replaced with in 2 years , ( during the extended warranty, and purchased from bearcat wherehouse)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the info, It was replaced by bearcat wherehouse , under there 1 year extended warranty I paid for. Bearcat wherehouse told me they don’t do repairs, so they sent me a new one. Really hoping I didn’t lose close to $200 on these upgrades ! Like you said, certainly I’m not the first person , nor the last, with This issue. If anyone one knows someone from uniden to contact, instead of there standard support email that would be great. Hopefully this issue gets resolved!
Okay so, to clarify, you didn't get it replaced on Bearcat Warehouse 30-day money back guarantee, you got it replaced on a bearcat Warehouse extended warranty which I assume takes over after the Uniden 1 year warranty expires?? Or is it concurrent?

I would read the fine print on the Bearcat Warehouse extended warranty, no they don't do repairs so they could only replace the radio. What does the fine print say about upgrades. My opinion is Bearcat Warehouse should still replace the upgrades and make the radio whole on one year extended warranty. Unless the fine print says they don't have to.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
It was replaced with in 2 years , ( during the extended warranty, and purchased from bearcat wherehouse)
Ah, so to clarify for everyone. The extended warranty with Bearcat Warehouse was within the second year of purchasing the radio and it was after, not concurrent, with the Uniden warranty, it was after the Uniden warranty expired.

Unless the Bearcat Warehouse extended warranty active within the second year of ownership specifically says it will not replace upgrades, they need to make the radio whole under the extended warranty. They should replace the radio as it was when it broke.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Two other considerations to think about, as @iMONITOR says, did Bearcat Warehouse know that you had purchased the upgrades and does it make a difference to them that when you purchased the extended warranty it was perhaps before you purchased the upgrades from Uniden?

Again, it might be in the fine print that they are extending the warranty for the radio that you had at the time you bought the extended warranty. Maybe they don't cover the additional upgrades you purchased from Uniden after you made the contract for the extended warranty.

It might be a good idea for Bearcat Warehouse to replace the upgrades and make your radio whole, now that we've discussed this on radio reference.

Many people might think it's not worth purchasing the extended warranty from Bearcat Warehouse.

They're good people there they may just want to make this right despite any fine print that they don't have to.

I doubt that Uniden will be giving you anything for nothing. If you end up having to purchase new upgrades from Uniden then I would certainly say the extended warranty from Bearcat Warehouse is not worth it and I personally wouldn't buy it.

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
When you think about it, the repair fee to Uniden to fix your radio is probably cheaper than the expense of having to purchase all of those upgrades from Uniden, again making the extended warranty from Bearcat Warehouse not worth it.

Good luck to you, let's hope Bearcat Warehouse just does the right thing here so people will think about the extended warranty being worth purchasing.😀

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Looks like the same question in this thread (and it was resolved)…

whatsthefreq

Normally if you sent the scanner into Uniden they would have handled the entire process, either repairing/replacing your scanner and installing the upgrades.

Was Bearcat Warehouse aware of the upgrades being installed? I would think Bearcat Warehouse would be aware of this situation and should have contacted Uniden for how to proceed. I think the ball is in their court. Did you purchase the upgrades from them and did they install them?
Ahh I see. Well Before I sent the scanner in for replacement, I contacted bearcat wherehouse and told them I purchased the upgrades through uniden and asked them what will happen to these upgrades when I get a new scanner , and they told me , that’s something uniden will have to deal with.

whatsthefreq

When you think about it, the repair fee to Uniden to fix your radio is probably cheaper than the expense of having to purchase all of those upgrades from Uniden, again making the extended warranty from Bearcat Warehouse not worth it.

Good luck to you, let's hope Bearcat Warehouse just does the right thing here so people will think about the extended warranty being worth purchasing.😀
Very valid point. And yes, let’s hope they do!

whatsthefreq

Looks like the same question in this thread (and it was resolved)…

Thanks ! I did a search , and this didn’t come up, Im sure it was me being in a hurry, Reading now.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If it doesn't have the same upgrades, then it really wasn't completely replaced, rather partially replaced. Did Bearcat Warehouse know the upgrades were there, probably not because you got them from Uniden.

So what does Bearcat Warehouse have to say?

whatsthefreq

If it doesn't have the same upgrades, then it really wasn't completely replaced, rather partially replaced. Did Bearcat Warehouse know the upgrades were there, probably not because you got them from Uniden.

So what does Bearcat Warehouse have to say?
Quite a valid point, I contacted bearcat wherehouse , they are aware of my upgrades , I called them and they told me that’s a “uniden issue” and contact them, looks like there another thread where someone else’s got this resolved, so I’m seeing what can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.