Our local county and city (MO, Buchanan, Saint Joseph) has used a P25 simulcast system for over 15 years. I have tried every digital trunking scanner on the market with limited success. I have just tried the Uniden SDS100. It is the hands down best digital trunking scanner I've tried.
If you are in a area that uses a P25 simulcast system and you are plagued with choppy or missing transmissions the SDS100 might be a solution. I have found it to be rock solid in areas where other scanners were unable to receive and/or decode transmissions.
There are a couple of weaknesses that I hope they address in the future. First, there is no keypad lock option. IMHO this is essential for portables. It is way too easy to bump a key and stop the scanning without you knowing it. Associated with this missing function is the ability to use the knob to adjust the volume without tapping it first. This is a PITA when driving.
Second, the alert light stays on for only a short time. I use the alert colors make it easy for me to see which talk groups are transmitting, red for fire, blue for PD dispatch, yellow for PD administrative, etc.
If you are in a area that uses a P25 simulcast system and you are plagued with choppy or missing transmissions the SDS100 might be a solution. I have found it to be rock solid in areas where other scanners were unable to receive and/or decode transmissions.
There are a couple of weaknesses that I hope they address in the future. First, there is no keypad lock option. IMHO this is essential for portables. It is way too easy to bump a key and stop the scanning without you knowing it. Associated with this missing function is the ability to use the knob to adjust the volume without tapping it first. This is a PITA when driving.
Second, the alert light stays on for only a short time. I use the alert colors make it easy for me to see which talk groups are transmitting, red for fire, blue for PD dispatch, yellow for PD administrative, etc.