SDS200 Antenna

MayportDrone

I am going to be using a SDS200 home base for broadcasting a feed to Broadcastify, etc....Does the antenna that comes with it work well enough? Or, should I get an after market antenna to place outside of my home. WIll be monitoring Jacksonville Fire Rescue on a simulcast sysrtem. Thank you! If I messed up any of the wording or lingo I apologize haha.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
As said, because it's simulcast if you're in the center of the system, and you have a very good signal you are good to go, if you're not that close you may want to go with an aftermarket back of the set antenna from remtronix, Google it. If you find you're out of range of the simulcast system, you're going to have to go with a rooftop.

As long as you're going to all the trouble to volunteer for free to provide a feed for radio reference and all of the apps out there, you want it to sound as good as possible.😉

MayportDrone

As said, because it's simulcast if you're in the center of the system, and you have a very good signal you are good to go, if you're not that close you may want to go with an aftermarket back of the set antenna from remtronix, Google it. If you find you're out of range of the simulcast system, you're going to have to go with a rooftop.

As long as you're going to all the trouble to volunteer for free to provide a feed for radio reference and all of the apps out there, you want it to sound as good as possible.😉
Ok! Awesome info! Thank you. I am arround 3-4 towers centrally located in the middle of them. They are roughly 5-10 miles away in each direction.