SDS200 Can't unlock departments

W2IRT

I cannot figure out how to unlock (unavoid) a department in a trunking system. I have a favorites list (F1) set up with a conventional system (S1) and a trunked system (S2). Within S2 I have six departments, with D-1 and D-2, my local towns, unlocked for daily listening. Surrounding towns are in D-3 through D-6 and normally I never listen to them as it's just traffic stops and medical calls in towns I rarely venture into. Today there was a big fire in the town assigned to D-3 and I cannot figure out how to unlock that department. In theory, I would have thought either .2.3 or 1.2.3 would have been the correct keystrokes to do this but whatever's in that group was supposedly already on and I turned it off (I quickly re-enabled it).

In fact the radio shows departments D01, 02, 03, and 04 as active but there's no traffic on 3 or 4, and if I try to go there manually it is showing 'avoid' on the display. It appears that somehow I've permanently locked these departments out! ProScan screen cap of my setup. I was trying to unlock Verona.

1690467564288.png

Here you can see S02 and D01 through D05 are activated, however....
1690468277873.png

Verona is still locked ("avoid"), and I can't figure out how to fix this. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
1690468492750.png

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
In Proscan, click on an object (in red) you want to stop avoiding. Then click System Options tab & uncheck the Avoid checkbox. Repeat for each additional object you wish to stop avoiding. Write changes to scanner. Or on the scanner itself press Menu key. Scroll to Manage Favorites Lists > select Favorites List...
You can either scroll to Review Avoids and scroll through each object there pressing "E" to stop avoiding or...
Scroll to Stop All Avoiding for a one-shot end to all avoids in the FL

W2IRT

That worked; thanks! But did I approach this process incorrectly? The goal was to quickly turn any department off or on quickly using quick keys, with departments 01 and 02 always on, and departments 03-06 normally off, but easily enabled.

I generally prefer to do things from the scanner itself since cabling it up is a PITA in my current setup.

W2IRT

It was departments 03 through 06 that were all set to avoid. These are very busy channels, but with 03, 04, and 05 enabled I never heard traffic on those until I went in and manually un-avoided those departments. What I thought I did in ProScan was to turn those departments off in this fashion, but it turns out I permanently locked them out. I've fixed it now and after doing so I started hearing traffic on all of them until I used DQKs to remove them from active scanning.

Thanks again!