SDS200 Hum Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5mow

Yeah and somewhere in the future you will want to sell your SDS200. The very first thing the buyers will ask is: "Does your your radio have the HUM Fix".

I understand what you are saying but I would tell them it absolutely has zero hum. Maybe I will call them and order the part but I am not gonna worry about putting it in. You got a good point at least I will have the part.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K5mow

It actually may have the fix, mine has a serial number in the 400's, and came with the fix. Open it up and take a look, the only way to know.

You could be right my serial number is almost in the 400s.

Roger

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Just because it is a 400 they have 2018 400's and 2019 400's
I assume mine is 2018? 384260880004xx.
The shop owner did a check, It arrived from Uniden at the warehouse into Lesco at South Bend on March 3rd. I ordered on April 14th, got it on April 16th. It had the fix.

Last edited:

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I usually run the audio of the scanner to an external speaker. I think I read that the "Hum" is not an issue with external speakers.. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks

radio3353

I received my SDS200 a couple of days ago and it was the old stock. Meaning it was the first radios to be shipped. My particular Radio has absolutely no hum at all. If you’re put your ear right next to the speaker you here in a little. But if you are even 1 foot away you can’t hear anything. In my opinion the quality of the sound on 800 trunking and analog conventional sounds amazing. I will not even be calling Uniden for the part. I don’t believe it’s necessary at all for me.

Roger

The part is free. Order it. Some have reported the hum appearing later after some use. Better to have than not. I don't even have a SDS200 yet, but I still ordered the part. I plan on ordering a 200 well after the bugs are shaken out so I wanted to be prepared.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The part is free. Order it. Some have reported the hum appearing later after some use. Better to have than not. I don't even have a SDS200 yet, but I still ordered the part. I plan on ordering a 200 well after the bugs are shaken out so I wanted to be prepared.
Why would you order a part for a radio you don't own. You do realize that when and if you do buy one the mediation part will probably already be installed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

radio3353

Why would you order a part for a radio you don't own. You do realize that when and if you do buy one the mediation part will probably already be installed.

The short answer is 'because I can'. Undiden offered it unconditionaly so I took advantage of it since I plan on a SDS200 purchase someday and feel it would not hurt to have a backup since Uniden's fixes have been variable. OK by you?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The short answer is 'because I can'. Undiden offered it unconditionaly so I took advantage of it since I plan on a SDS200 purchase someday and feel it would not hurt to have a backup since Uniden's fixes have been variable. OK by you?
Hey if you want a useless piece of metal laying around more power to you.

Reactions: RRR

m42duster

I usually run the audio of the scanner to an external speaker. I think I read that the "Hum" is not an issue with external speakers.. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks
Yes, external speaker is an issue.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Reactions: RRR

phask

Premium Subscriber
Mine is much more noticeable with an external speaker. In fact, I have tried several, some are MUCH worse than others.

K5mow

Mine is much more noticeable with an external speaker. In fact, I have tried several, some are MUCH worse than others.

I am using a Eternal speaker from Uniden it is a non-amplifying speaker. Absolutely no hum whatsoever in mine. Even if I turn the sound way up no hum whatsoever.

Roger

eaf1956

Feed Provider
What is the output source? Rear speaker?

Why on God's green earth would I ever feed audio online from the rear speaker or even the headphone Jack on an SDS 200?

m42duster

Why on God's green earth would I ever feed audio online from the rear speaker or even the headphone Jack on an SDS 200?

So PCTEC and others can hear what it was like. He asked about noise from external speaker. I don't use data, but my headphone jacj is dead quiet, just as your data feed.

Use yer noodle. The whole thread is "HUM REPORTS".

Last edited:

Ubbe

I assume mine is 2018? 384260880004xx.
I think it was a product number at the beginning of the serial# and then the 260 that are the Vietnam factory and followed by the last digit of the year and lastly a digit that goes to 8 as the highest, that must be half a quarter of a year? So that 8 must be a nov-dec production date. It's possible that they manufactured something like 450 scanners in 2018 and the serial number continues from there in the beginning of 2019 with the next shipment.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.