SDS200 - Program Priority and Longer Delay Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking to program my local police as a priority during scanning, can this be done on the SDS200?

I would also like to increase delay time (factory 2 sec) but for some reason it will not change in Sentinal?

Thank you for taking the time to help resolve issue.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I’m looking to program my local police as a priority during scanning, can this be done on the SDS200?

I would also like to increase delay time (factory 2 sec) but for some reason it will not change in Sentinal?

Thank you for taking the time to help resolve issue.
It sounds like you are scanning using your location, and the main database. If that is the case, then no, you cannot set your local PD as a priority, nor change the 2 second default for the delay setting.

However, if you, instead, add the department to a Favorites list (instead of just using the main database), you can use Sentinel to set priority as well as change the delay setting. If in a Favorites list, you can also set the scanner to display a specified alert light, and (if desired) add an audible alert, such as a chirp whenever the channel is active.

I’m going to connect and look again tomorrow, just been busy back from vac and work. I do have the favorites list by county near where I live. I see the delay seconds, but no place to change it from the default. Funny I have been trying to figure out the LED light as well, but could not find info about that either.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I’m going to connect and look again tomorrow, just been busy back from vac and work. I do have the favorites list by county near where I live. I see the delay seconds, but no place to change it from the default. Funny I have been trying to figure out the LED light as well, but could not find info about that either.
It sounds like you are just looking at your list from the main (opening) screen in Sentinel.

While you can't modify the main database, you can change delay and system hold times, as well as set alerts (both colors and sounds) on a Favorites list if you use the editor. You can access the Favorites List Editor by selecting it from the drop-down Edit menu, or click on the small icon under the w for the View drop down menu that resembles a star with a pencil laying on it.
1600199413434.png
The video brent posted gives you a how-to session on making a list.

Here's a couple of views from the Favorites List editor on one of my lists.
1600199584605.png
1600199627456.png

Status
Not open for further replies.