SDS200 programming software filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Does anyone know what the different filters mean?
Global
Normal
Auto
Invert
Off

I see some post where they turn off the filter to receive p25 better. Just curious what they mean

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Does anyone know what the different filters mean?
Global
Normal
Auto
Invert
Off

I see some post where they turn off the filter to receive p25 better. Just curious what they mean

Global applies filter setting globally on all systems
Normal High Pass filter normal is used
Auto Scanner tries Normal then Inverted (Slows scan speed)
Invert some take this as a Low pass filter
Off Scanner uses no filtering

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Correction: Global means use the filter setting assigned in the Global filter menu.

pfd461

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Paul for the correction.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Just curious, could someone explain what the difference is between a high-pass Filter vs. low pass filter, and how it effects the performance of a scanner.

Reactions: RRR

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
i would love to know this also i know how to set the filters and i keep my global filter is set to off . today after seeing a video a guys scanner seemed to work best on p25 with inverted , so i gave it a chance on a system thats works good but sometimes has a little breakup and it seems to be working better and everything is really clear .so what does highpass mean ? what does low pass mean ? and if we set that scanner to invert does it slow scanning or is that only on auto

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
just stared messing with these and for my simulcast p25 cleveland system that pulls very strong my digital errors droped from in the 20s to low 10s or 0 , and on ohio marcs simulcast they went from low 10s to 15s to 0 using invert , i get full bars and both systems work good so can someone explain to me why using invert in my location works better ? as in is the system getting interference from all my electronics ? or are the towers too strong, sorry if it dont make sense im a newbie and i can see it works better on invert but have no clue way and would like to learn more about this scanner .

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
UPMan posted this firmware page link in regards to the new filters in another radio group. It's just the regular page you would look at whenever you wanted to see what was in a new Uniden firmware update. I don't think it's been posted here. I think some of the information has, but either way, here is what I've seen and it might help with a few answers.

SDS200FirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
thank you that did help i understand how to set them now and been trying set the gobal to off . and been doing each system by testing them out , now i understand hpf =high pass filter ,and invert is a low pass filter , now can someone explain what that means like is a hpf good for long range ? does the lpf help if the singal too strong ? both my p25 systems work best on invert which from reading i think is a low pass filter , so what is it chaging to make the system work better any ideas ? or it just works how it works ..

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
What are the values of the HPF and LPF filters?

I have a 250Mhz+ HPF, which passes 250Mhz+, and a 400Mhz- LPF which passes everything below 400Mhz, and am curious what the SDS200 values are?

The RSSI meter value ranges -45 to -50dBm with the global filter set to OFF and around -50 to -60dBm set to NORMAL which I believe is pretty good. The scanner seems to perform best when set to NORMAL.

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
just stared messing with these and for my simulcast p25 cleveland system that pulls very strong my digital errors droped from in the 20s to low 10s or 0 , and on ohio marcs simulcast they went from low 10s to 15s to 0 using invert , i get full bars and both systems work good so can someone explain to me why using invert in my location works better ? as in is the system getting interference from all my electronics ? or are the towers too strong, sorry if it dont make sense im a newbie and i can see it works better on invert but have no clue way and would like to learn more about this scanner .
You can set which filters to use per system. Global would apply whatever it is set to to everything. Except those systems not set to use global filter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
What are the values of the HPF and LPF filters?

I have a 250Mhz+ HPF, which passes 250Mhz+, and a 400Mhz- LPF which passes everything below 400Mhz, and am curious what the SDS200 values are?

The RSSI meter value ranges -45 to -50dBm with the global filter set to OFF and around -50 to -60dBm set to NORMAL.
I've been wondering about this same thing myself. I don't think anybody has asked the question yet so thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.