SDS200E

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
I see someone on ebay selling the SDS200E as an Australian version.
Uniden AU doesn't list them, what's the go there ?

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
There was a thread on Aussie Scanners in the Uniden forum AussieScanners (page 2 of the SDS200 thread).

I believe they import them from EU and provide a locally plugged wall wart, and might load with an Australian State frequency database.

Ask the seller .....

Last edited:

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I had a read of the forum page.
Good info.
I see you have one yourself.

For me to get one delivered to my location in NZ would be getting close to $2000 with duty and tax.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
I have the U.S. version SDS200, bought from ScannerMaster. At the time I bought, no-one locally was importing the 200E and I didn't know who in the EU to purchase from. It was only after my SDS200 arrived a few months later that a couple of 200E importers surfaced here :)

I expected import duty etc. on the SDS200 but it came straight through the post. You may not be so lucky .....

The UBCD536PT is a good unit to consider. Its not as pretty as the 200E and doesn't have some of the tweakable setings, but if you can live with that and you don't have issues with simulcast systems, it would be a good less expensive choice.

You might check with Ozscan here re a 536PT. I've dealt with him for many years, he is great and well respected.

See further down the page here:

Ozscan FB

Last edited:

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996P2 I bought on Amazon.
I also looked at the UBCD536T at the time but it was right on the verge of having to pay duty,
Do they do DMR by default or is that a payable addon like the 996 ?
I had considered buying that for the 996 but didn't know well it would work.
I live in a rural type area but there is one DMR Tier3
I can track it with DSDPlus & a RTL-SDR.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
The BCD996P2 and SDS200E have different technology, the SDS200E a fancier and more detailed display screen, tweakable settings and it has the couple of blocks in the 800MHz region unlocked whereas the BCD996P2 doesn't.

I don't know if those frequency ranges being locked out in the BCD996P2 would be an issue in NZ, depends if you have allocations in those frequency ranges you want to listen to.

I don't have a BCD996P2 but the DMR paid upgrade for yours would seem to make sense in your situation, seeing as you have one and given the cost of changing over to a SDS200E.

The SDS200E would be nice to have, but ....

You might try a post in the NZ forum or find a local forum and ask the question. From what I've read there have been a few SDS200E models sold to buyers over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.