Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

The database indicates that Crawford County, Pittsburg fire and ems are on ksics. I am not seeing this at all. Running unitrunker and monitoring it I never see any TG's other then Crawford SO a few times. I dont think they are using it full time.

Any word on the progress??

Thanks

n0lqt

A lot of the talkgroups are just "coordinated" assignments. At some point, someone in that county requested to have certain talkgroup assignments set aside for them. KDOT is the agency that coordinates all KSICS in what they call "Fleetmap Programming Templates." About a year ago, I made an Open Records Request for that information. They finally ponied up with it about a month later, and the results were submitted to the RR database. Not all of the "coordinated" talkgroups are in use and not all of the talkgroups are being used for what they were originally intended. Since we got the original data, a number of new talkgroups have come on line and have been added to the database. At some point those other talkgroups in your county may become active. Or the departments may have just gotten the radios to be interoperable and have no intention of using them regularly themselves. Every county got a certain number as part of a federal grant. What they did with them was up to the local administrators....

frazpo

Thank you very much for the in depth answer. I was wondering how that all worked.

nec911

I was down there recently for a meeting. The EMS is using it for when their units go outside the county but for the most part the Fire and EMS have been staying on the UHF/VHF systems them have used for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.