Searching the Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8HDU

Is there a way to search the database on RadioReference database for users in the 30-33 and 47-50 MHz portion of low band in a specific state?

I've looked at the search feature and don't see a way to drill down to a specific range of frequencies. Might be newbee issues.

ecps92

No much Federal left on Low Band, unless you are asking about Military

Is there a way to search the database on RadioReference database for users in the 30-33 and 47-50 MHz portion of low band in a specific state?

I've looked at the search feature and don't see a way to drill down to a specific range of frequencies. Might be newbee issues.

W8HDU

No much Federal left on Low Band, unless you are asking about Military

That surprises me that the military is still using LB. I was expecting them to be gone, and companies like trucking and logging in the woods up north to still be users.

Reason for asking about LB is I've been thinking of getting a license. High-Band and UHF don't work well in the woods and rural areas where we go. CB has too much skywave and local users. We've been using 6-mteres with great success, but the guys without ham licenses can't use it. I was thinking of finding some freqs in the 30-33 or 47-50 range which could be licensed either private or business.

ecps92

FYI, As this is not FEDERAL monitoring related, One of the Moderator will likely move the thread...

Take a look at
Common Itinerant and Business - The RadioReference Wiki

Probably best for an Itinerant, which will alllow you to use anywhere (if licensed correctly) within the US, if you go for a different set of Low Band, you might end up with restrictions on where you can use and will NEED to go thru a Freq Coordinator. Generally with the Itinerants there is no need for Freq Coordination

That surprises me that the military is still using LB. I was expecting them to be gone, and companies like trucking and logging in the woods up north to still be users.

Reason for asking about LB is I've been thinking of getting a license. High-Band and UHF don't work well in the woods and rural areas where we go. CB has too much skywave and local users. We've been using 6-mteres with great success, but the guys without ham licenses can't use it. I was thinking of finding some freqs in the 30-33 or 47-50 range which could be licensed either private or business.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Reason for asking about LB is I've been thinking of getting a license. High-Band and UHF don't work well in the woods and rural areas where we go. CB has too much skywave and local users.

There will still be skywave issues, there are lots of stories of police agencies and their tribulations while using LB. The higher the frequency, the less often they will happen.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.