Security Incident - Please Change Your Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7MFC

WRAA720
Even if that were true, and I doubt it is, what would they be able to do with your password for Radio Reference?

It's almost a certainty that the information gained via the security breach has been distributed - it's valuable. They would be able to use personal information from RR accounts to associate with other websites, and attempt to gain access. Unfortunately, many people use the same password and user name across multiple websites. This incident should not be treated lightly because "it's just RadioReference."

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's almost a certainty that the information gained via the security breach has been distributed - it's valuable. They would be able to use personal information from RR accounts to associate with other websites, and attempt to gain access. Unfortunately, many people use the same password and user name across multiple websites. This incident should not be treated lightly because "it's just RadioReference."

No one should ever use the same password! If they do it's on them. I don't even user the same login name on more than one site. I change my passwords often. You can even setup different email accounts for different sites.

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
Got the email ransom note this morning. It was kinda humorous, but could easily tell it was from an amateur hack. It said they recorded me "pleasuring myself" on my web cam and will send it to all my contacts.... LOL, I don't have a webcam....

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Got the email ransom note this morning. It was kinda humorous, but could easily tell it was from an amateur hack. It said they recorded me "pleasuring myself" on my web cam and will send it to all my contacts.... LOL, I don't have a webcam....

Send them a bill from your cam site, for services rendered. :)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm closing for further discussion. There's no need to litigate this issue in public any further. We've been extremely forthright and transparent on what happened.

If anyone has further issues or items they need addressed, please open a support ticket with our team and we'll be glad to help.

Thanks for everyone's patience and again, we're sorry about the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.