Sentinel Programming Favourites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

papa_p

Just looking for other opinions. If I have a favourite list appended from the full data base and there are sections I don't listen to, what's better, set permanent avoids or delete parts all together? If I delete rather than set to permanently avoiding, will it scan threw the list faster?

jdcaples

Premium Subscriber
I didn't notice a difference in scanner performance when I "avoid" vs when I "remove" from the favorites list. I have a lot of permanent "avoids" in my favorites list.

For what it's worth,

-Jon

danzan77

Did you have to create a favorites list of your complete data base to delete or edit it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Scanners are like mini computers and with computers there are several ways to achieve the end result.

If I'm absolutely, never-ever, be interested in scanning something, I'll delete the sections applicable.

If there is something I might be interested in monitoring occasionally, I'll assign the "stuff" to a different Department Quick Key and set the DQK to be off. I could also do as you mentioned, set the "stuff" to Avoid. I like the DQK over Avoid because it is a little easier to toggle a DQK than it is to un-Avoid one single thing.

You won't see any impact on scan speed by avoiding, deleting or "Quick keying". The scanner won't attempt to scan such things and thus won't be slowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.