Sentinel: Sentinel Software

jblacker

Premium Subscriber
When I use Sentinel Software to try and load a "Statewide" frequency (Michigan Public Safety Commission) I click on the state and then on statewide. I find my frequencies and select them. I load them to my scanner. When I look at what I just wrote it looks like the entire database has been loaded on the favorite list. I have been using the ARCPRO 536 but it seems a bit cumbersome and I'm not quite sure how to use it properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When I use Sentinel Software to try and load a "Statewide" frequency (Michigan Public Safety Commission)
MPSC is a P25 trunked system, that's pretty large in size. It consists of sites and talkgroups.

I click on the state and then on statewide. I find my frequencies and select them.
Are you looking for something on the system or stand alone conventional freqs?

When I look at what I just wrote it looks like the entire database has been loaded on the favorite list.
It should only be writing what it's told to. Can you detail the steps you took to get to that point?

phask

Premium Subscriber
When you "load" any trunked system it will load every site in the system.

Reason - it seems to assume you will use location and that will (somewhat)_ limit the sites to those needed.

1 - You can either set your location - will limit somewhat the actual sites monitored

2 - Avoid all sites you do not actually need - this has the advantage that if you append in the future it will not load all those sites again.

3- delete all unneeded sites

4 - Use Proscan )and maybe ArcPro_ and just select the site(s) you want.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree with Phask with a couple of additional comments.

1 Is the best way as it is using the scanner as designed. But sure to Location Control to Yes for the Favorites List in the Options tab.

Another option would be to use Department Quick Keys and assign the Site and Departments closest to you to a given DQK (like 1). Then set all the other Sites and Departments to a different DQK (like 2). That way if you travel outside your area, you could just turn on the quick keys for those "other things" and be scanning.

But if it was me, I'd do the Location Control method.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
When I use Sentinel Software to try and load a "Statewide" frequency (Michigan Public Safety Commission) I click on the state and then on statewide. I find my frequencies and select them. I load them to my scanner. When I look at what I just wrote it looks like the entire database has been loaded on the favorite list
One of the reasons why I use Proscan for programming versus Sentinel. No need to avoid or delete unnecessary sites, departments, talkgroups. Check the boxes corresponding only to what you want to program. The only thing I use Sentinel for these days is for firmware updates, that's it