Sentinel trashed Micro sd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok so today I took my Microsd card and did a erase favorites list and a force write full database and I came
up with a cyclic redundancy error.I tried everything to fix it (as far as my comprehension) A full format,quick format and a check disk.Seems normal but when I go to put the data back on it still says cyclic redundancy error! All I have to say is Im baffled!
Well all i wanted to do is put in new favorites list and delete the old ones (2 old ) 59 new.
Thank god I have a backup card,I put that in,and wrote the new 59 favorites lists and Im fine.
What the deuce is with the other card,everything is brand new......
keep in mind if I didnt change the lists that card would be fine too.
Any ideas?

MORSEMAN

Premium Subscriber
I had a similar thing happen one time. I use a free SD formatter called SD Formatter Ver. 4.0 from sdcard.org and was able to recover it.

FirstClass

SD Card

Did you use SD formatter? If yes it may be a bad block in the beginning. Windows may default to Not There File System (NTFS). The SD card should be FAT 32

SCPD

QRT
weird

I put it in a card reader I couldnt fix it,for some reason it worked after I formatted it using the computer's built in card reader/writer.Go figure....It was a hoot trying to get it back working though.

Status
Not open for further replies.