HP-1: Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tip

Premium Subscriber
I created a favorites list in sentinel (V2.03) for my HP1E, saved and uploaded it to the HP1. Everything appeared fine, until I realized that one of the systems (Federal Medical Center Devens) was not showing up during scan. I then cycled through, and found that the system does not show up at all.

What would cause the issue of a system in a favorites list, not to be uploaded with the rest of the systems, which were successful, and scan ok?

Thanks for any help.

Tom

PS: I should also add that the system in question is the only one in the list that I added by hand so to speak. I could not find it in the Sentinel DB.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's several possible reasons.

You may have an Avoid set on the system.

The system may be locked out by Location Control--the scanner thinks it is too far away to be received. If you entered the system by hand, you probably forgot to enter GPS coordinates for it. Lat/Lon 0,0 is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean...

The Service Type(s) of the channels in the system may be turned off.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Looking in the database, I see that there are no talkgroups listed for that system.
Unfortunately, Sentinel won't upload a system with no talkgroups listed.
I hope this helps,

-Gary

tip

Premium Subscriber
After the changes (GPS), it did show while scanning. Are you saying it will never 'hit' for lack of talkgroup ID's? I do have it set to ID search... will that help?

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Apparently, the system is now working for you.
I made the wrong assumption on what your problem was.
Using ID Search will get talkgroups on the system, even though there are none listed in the database.
Good luck on your scanning,

-Gary

tip

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for you help... I have yet to 'hear' anything from this system (on HP1/PRO96/PRO2096), even being across the street from the site for 8 hours.

I just did a capture of activity, and here is what the display looks like. I can't make heads or tails out of it, but maybe someone can?

Attachments

• 20170205_112901_resized.png
    20170205_112901_resized.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 548

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That system is going to require you to enter a band plan, which is not documented in RRDB for that system.

tip

Premium Subscriber
I'm gonna continue discussion of this system over on the Massachusetts discussion board. I did do a conventional discovery on the range of frequencies that are published for this system on my HP1EX, and do get lots of radio traffic. Already asked over in the Massachusetts thread if anyone had band plan info, but no response yet.

Thanks all for your input.

Ubbe

You have the LCNs. Match the lowest LCN to the lowest frequency you have found and continue up in the LCN order and frequensies. Note the difference in LCN value between two frequencies and divide that with the difference in frequency to get the step size. Take a LCN value and multiply with the step and subtract that from the LCNs frequency and you have the base frequency of the bandplan.

Lets say you have 445 as lowest LCN and the lowest frequency you have discovered are 855.5625 and second lowest LCN are 493 and second lowest frequency 856.1625. 493-445=48 and 856.1625-855.5625=0.6 then the stepsize are 0.6MHz/48=0.0125MHz which is 12.5KHz. Base freq is 855.5635-(445*0.0125)=850.0000MHz

/Ubbe

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that it is a UHF (400 MHz) system. Process isn't incorrect, just wanted to be sure that you weren't confused by the example presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.