Setup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
How do I setup this user? It is listed in the RR database as a conventional frequency but it has a talkgroup listed. I have it setup as a conventional DMR atm with a color code of 10 and am not hearing anything. Should it be setup as a DMR trunked system?

464.57500 WSH254 RM CC 1 TG 201 SL * MMC SECURITY Mercy Medical Center Security DMR Security

tvengr

Well Known Member
The info that you show has a color code of 1. Set it up as one frequency trunk. That will enable you to enter the talkgroup ID of 201.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How do I setup this user? It is listed in the RR database as a conventional frequency but it has a talkgroup listed. I have it setup as a conventional DMR atm with a color code of 10 and am not hearing anything. Should it be setup as a DMR trunked system?

464.57500 WSH254 RM CC 1 TG 201 SL * MMC SECURITY Mercy Medical Center Security DMR Security
The easiest way to do this (at least for me) is to set it up as a One Frequency Trunked system (use 'DMR One Frequency' in the drop-down box when creating in Sentinel.

Setting it up that way will allow you to specify the color code & talkgroup in use. I would set the created system to "ID Search" just in case the agency is using one or more additional talkgroups on the same frequency.

I noticed that the license for that specific frequency does not show as having DMR, but apparently they may use it anyway. There are other frequencies for the Medical Center that are licensed for DMR use.

The info that you show has a color code of 1. Set it up as one frequency trunk. That will enable you to enter the talkgroup ID of 201.
I think that's a "cut & paste" typo. The actual listing does show color code as being 10.
1600206044959.png

Status
Not open for further replies.