• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Several months later, and I'm still attracting CB stuff like a magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPR1981

Hey peeps! It's been a while. Life has been busy since my music career re-launched back at the end of March, leaving me less time on top of my full-time job to dink around on the internet, but in case anyone has wondered, I'm STILL attracting free and low cost CB stuff like a magnet. It's a force I just can't stop, LOL.

This past weekend I scored a beautiful Cobra 21 LTD classic (traditional silver face cobra that is slightly smaller than the 25 LTD, made in the 1980s), and it works as well as it works. Also included in this $25 purchase was a working Realistic TRC-422A. This is the third TRC422A that I have owned, and they have some of the finest, loudest modulation of any politically-correct radio of that era. In the same deal, I also scored two near-mint Firestik style fiberglass antennas with mounts and some random police scanner stuff.

Just yesterday, one of my personal training clients brought me a complete 102-inch whip, spring and mount. I have no idea WTF I'm going to do with this monstrosity, but I'll figure something else out.

A couple weeks back, I bought a mint condition D&A Raider linear amplifier with 4 tubes. It's showing a consistent 300 watts of output (into my dummy load, cough cough, of course).

A month ago, I was given an RCI-2950 made with the "Mirage" name. The previous owner was a CBer back when I played 25 to 30 years ago. He bought this radio brand new in the late 1990s, used it for a week and put it up in a closet. It's in mint condition, and the audio output is superb. It modulates a very nice 30+ watts on AM.

I bought a mint condition Uniden Pro 510 XL and Cobra handheld for $20. Both work very well.

I traded a home built dipole for a near mint Cobra 19DX IV and a small magnet mount antenna.

Scored a Uniden 988 SSB for $40.

Got a Palomar 500 watt linear and matching power transformer and other goodies for $50. Tubes and caps were all dead, so I turned around and sold it to a local ham/CBer for $150 sight unseen.

Not only has my fortune been good attracting CBs, but I hooked up with an excellent repair tech who has taken care of a lot for me.

A local ham in town who I connected with on the CB who is an electronics engineer completely rebuilt my Galaxy DX66, installing a new frequency counter, aligning it, fixing broken solder joints and replacing the echo board in exchange for a Cobra Cam 88 I had that was dead. He wanted the parts to rebuild his. This same individual also rebuilt the keying circuit in my Varmint XL-600 amplifier, replacing bad capacitors; replaced a blown transistor (MF455) in my RM Italy KL200P in exchange for some old guitar effects and accessories.

A younger guy (25) who got into CB and talks to us, who doesn't have a whole lot of money, expressed how he always wanted a classic Cobra base. So I said I had a 139 XLR that needed some work, and that if someone could get it working, I'd give it to him free of charge. The same guy who fixed up my stuff was feeling charitable and took it on.

A lot of the reason I take in so many of these mobiles is to give them away to people wanting to get into the hobby. I seem to attract this stuff like a magnet.

Anyhow, life is good and I'm rocking and rolling. Hope everyone here is well. Just thought I'd poke my head in and say hi!

-AT

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
My Daughter wanted to visit a Junk shop down the street from Us and I went along for the run.
Walked in thinking this will be hell and got hit in the face with a Para Dynamics 600 Station Monitor that said Take me home !
Just looking around the whole place It was talking to me...Take Me Home -Take Me Home !
Now there Is a list in my head of CB and Ham Stuff...The More I talked with the Vendor the more stuff came out of the Wood Work.
As for Antenna's
Put up a SIlver Rod 5/8 From England I got New very cheap - Have had good DX with it up on 38 LSB.

Pete Swamp Yankee 740

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
<snip> <message truncated for brevity>
A lot of the reason I take in so many of these mobiles is to give them away to people wanting to get into the hobby. I seem to attract this stuff like a magnet.
Do you ever run across any working Browning base stations?

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Do you ever run across any working Browning base stations?
New England Is Browning Country...Never seen and MkIV or IVA For sale but the 2 and 3s complete or in pieces are common Discoveries.

HavenBTS

Banned by a Super Duper Moderator
Banned
Hey peeps! It's been a while. Life has been busy since my music career re-launched back at the end of March, leaving me less time on top of my full-time job to dink around on the internet, but in case anyone has wondered, I'm STILL attracting free and low cost CB stuff like a magnet. It's a force I just can't stop, LOL.

This past weekend I scored a beautiful Cobra 21 LTD classic (traditional silver face cobra that is slightly smaller than the 25 LTD, made in the 1980s), and it works as well as it works. Also included in this $25 purchase was a working Realistic TRC-422A. This is the third TRC422A that I have owned, and they have some of the finest, loudest modulation of any politically-correct radio of that era. In the same deal, I also scored two near-mint Firestik style fiberglass antennas with mounts and some random police scanner stuff.

Just yesterday, one of my personal training clients brought me a complete 102-inch whip, spring and mount. I have no idea WTF I'm going to do with this monstrosity, but I'll figure something else out.

A couple weeks back, I bought a mint condition D&A Raider linear amplifier with 4 tubes. It's showing a consistent 300 watts of output (into my dummy load, cough cough, of course).

A month ago, I was given an RCI-2950 made with the "Mirage" name. The previous owner was a CBer back when I played 25 to 30 years ago. He bought this radio brand new in the late 1990s, used it for a week and put it up in a closet. It's in mint condition, and the audio output is superb. It modulates a very nice 30+ watts on AM.

I bought a mint condition Uniden Pro 510 XL and Cobra handheld for $20. Both work very well.

I traded a home built dipole for a near mint Cobra 19DX IV and a small magnet mount antenna.

Scored a Uniden 988 SSB for $40.

Got a Palomar 500 watt linear and matching power transformer and other goodies for $50. Tubes and caps were all dead, so I turned around and sold it to a local ham/CBer for $150 sight unseen.

Not only has my fortune been good attracting CBs, but I hooked up with an excellent repair tech who has taken care of a lot for me.

A local ham in town who I connected with on the CB who is an electronics engineer completely rebuilt my Galaxy DX66, installing a new frequency counter, aligning it, fixing broken solder joints and replacing the echo board in exchange for a Cobra Cam 88 I had that was dead. He wanted the parts to rebuild his. This same individual also rebuilt the keying circuit in my Varmint XL-600 amplifier, replacing bad capacitors; replaced a blown transistor (MF455) in my RM Italy KL200P in exchange for some old guitar effects and accessories.

A younger guy (25) who got into CB and talks to us, who doesn't have a whole lot of money, expressed how he always wanted a classic Cobra base. So I said I had a 139 XLR that needed some work, and that if someone could get it working, I'd give it to him free of charge. The same guy who fixed up my stuff was feeling charitable and took it on.

Anyhow, life is good and I'm rocking and rolling. Hope everyone here is well. Just thought I'd poke my head in and say hi!

-AT
Where can we listen to your music? Is anything online?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
thought I'd poke my head in and say hi!

-AT

In your travels have you ever run across a 23 channel C.B. designed to mount on top of the gas tank of a motorcycle? I had one back in the 60's. It was all black, mounted on suction cups with adjustable straps to secure it to the tank. It had large controls that be used while wearing gloves. It was about 8" X 6" X 2". It worked quite well. It's the only one I ever saw. I can't find any pictures or reference to it using Google.

slowmover

In your travels have you ever run across a 23 channel C.B. designed to mount on top of the gas tank of a motorcycle? I had one back in the 60's. It was all black, mounted on suction cups with adjustable straps to secure it to the tank. It had large controls that be used while wearing gloves. It was about 8" X 6" X 2". It worked quite well. It's the only one I ever saw. I can't find any pictures or reference to it using Google.

There are “tiny” radios. See Anysecu/Anytone thread. See PRESIDENT radio line-up.

See also CLAYS RADIO (call).

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There are “tiny” radios. See Anysecu/Anytone thread. See PRESIDENT radio line-up.

See also CLAYS RADIO (call).

Thanks, I'm aware of those. I was just curious if anyone remembered or ever saw one like I described as it was very rare. Apparently even more rare than I thought. I should have kept it and donated it to a museum or FPR1981's collection!!

Status
Not open for further replies.