Sevier Co. Public Safety Comms

gman4661

I have a friend in Sevierville who is only interested in monitoring VHF or UHF analog public safety comms.

He is programming a small handheld radio as a scanner. (Yes, we know the scan rate is very slow.)

I'm guessing that the fire depts. are probably the only real possibility.

Can someone familiar with local area suggest something that he can monitor?

zachgallop

All Sevier County Fire and Rescue Departments are Paged out on 464.225 MHz with a PL of 136.5. Gatlinburg Fire and EMS is also paged out on 453.850 with a PL of 100.0. Sevier County Ambulance Service is paged out on 462.950 MHz with a PL of 127.3 You can also hear the different dispatch centers communicate on Interagency; it is 460.500 with a PL of 100.0. Central 911 Dispatch only Dispatches Fire and EMS. 100 is Sevier County Sheriff Dispatch, 500 is Gatlinburg Police Dispatch, and 700 is Pigeon Forge Police Dispatch. You can also put in Seymour Vol. Fire Department in there, it is 154.310 with a PL of 103.5. That is their primary dispatch channel, but they also use TACN for some responses and for talk around communications They cover parts of Sevier, Knox, and Blount Counties. Sevier County Central, Blount Comm Center, and Knox Fire (Knox AMR/Rural Metro Dispatch at Knox 911) all communicate with them on that frequency. Other than paging and Seymour Fire Department, everyone else is on digital for their primary communications. Fire, EMS, Rescue, and Law Enforcement are on a UHF Digital Trunking System and it is a Rental System through Land Air. Every public safety channel is encrypted on that radio system. The only exception is Pigeon Forge Police and they operate on the statewide system known as TACN and it is a 700/800 MHZ Digital Trunking System. PFPD is unencrypted on their Main channel. National Park Service is VHF but they use a digital system as well.

Tomcu96

what I would do is listen to Dollywood truck radio system and the pigeon forge trolley. I listen to the fire all the time when I go down there. Now Ober Gatlinburg is not able to listen too but some of the different dinner shows.