Sevier County Public Service Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Updated.. Being there are businesses on it, I am tempted to rename it the Land Air Communications (NXDN)... Possibly the rest of the ops on the LTR will either be moved to this, or they will convert the other soon.

n4yek

Isn't that nice of Land Air, talk groups 20, 22, and 24 are now scrambled.
I had a feeling this would start happening.
Looks like they are watching us on here.

jfhtm350

20 Timber Tops Cabin Rentals - Dont want you to know what goes on in their cabins.
22 Bakers Towing Services - Dont want anyone to know about the tow job so they can charge whatever they want.
24 I dont see who this is and looks like we will never know. Could it be the maids chatting about the best deal on Lemon Pledge.

Hehe. At least you still can hear the good ones.

n4yek

20 Timber Tops Cabin Rentals - Dont want you to know what goes on in their cabins.
22 Bakers Towing Services - Dont want anyone to know about the tow job so they can charge whatever they want.
24 I dont see who this is and looks like we will never know. Could it be the maids chatting about the best deal on Lemon Pledge.

Hehe. At least you still can hear the good ones.

The thing is, until we can lockout un-wanted talkgroups, we will have to hear the scrambling. So whether or not you care about monitoring them you will hear it.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
DSD+ etc does not have the lockout/filtering ability of an scanner as of yet. Whistler has put bugs in ears about capabilities of the next gen of scanners they are working on being able to do DMR, maybe NXDN.... We will just have to wait and see.

jfhtm350

The thing is, until we can lockout un-wanted talkgroups, we will have to hear the scrambling. So whether or not you care about monitoring them you will hear it.

Oh I see. Didnt know it was like that. Yes I cant stand hearing that noise either.

n4yek

Sheriff now encrypted.
I'm going to stop monitoring this system, no use in listening to encrypted traffic. It is annoying.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Hey Danny, PM me with your setup for DSD+, as I am going to start running it this week on several systems here to get data.

RADIOGUY2002

Think about why their making the channels encrypted. Stop posting the information in a open format. This guy has shown his attitude and belief to the enthusiasts. Be done with him. Everything will be moved on to the nxdn system except for a few hold outs. I said it before, the original system was an epic failure and this is the upgrade to a working system. Should come as no surprise, the licensing is now finally coming out as he has made or pretty much streamlined the process for everyone to encrypted their radios. Not left with options, so eliminate the possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.