Shelby County

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogersjoey6

Need some advice for scanning..

I am a recently appointed volunteer firefighter in Shelby County Indiana that is certified and allowed to take runs. The only problem is I am a little ways from the station, and I have been issued a Motorola Minitor VI and it works great for receiving calls, but I have no way of telling if trucks are already enroute or get any radio traffic as our county operates strictly out of 800mhz. I have a BCD325P2 (stock everything)programmed from freescan with my premium account on here, but I am really not getting any traffic for Fire or Law Enforcement. I am running the Shelby County Simulcast System, as well as Greenfield, Wilkinson, and Post 52 Towers, I am aloud to carry my scanner as the Fire Department is giving me a scanner permit to carry it in the county. I am not sure what I am doing wrong to not get traffic.

Anything helps!!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Firstly make sure you have the right SAFE-T programmed. P25, not the Motorola. Then make sure you get an better antenna, update your DSP, Firmware, etc... Then read up on multipath distortion as you will get issues from that on the Shelby County Simulcast site. I get Shelby County traffic off of D52, both Morgan County sites, Greenwood, Franklin, the SC Simulcast, and the Hancock County sites on my PRO-96s and BCD396XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.