Sheriff's Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRsTheMAN

Nobody uses the old frequency in Clay County, Missouri or anywhere around Southwest Missouri. All switched to their own county database. It started when all went to narrowband and MOSWIN.

teufler

No department likes to put up with a shared frequency. Its just something the field officers have to mentally filter out, "not me". Departments use to help out by cross talking, talking on "their frequency" and listening on their scanner for a response from a next door neighbor departmnt. Once cell phones came in vogue, this seemed to fall away. Dispatchers sill use pt 2 pt. I do hear some officers say to their dispatcher, "I heard it on the scanner" or maybe the grapevine.

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
st charles,lincoln,warren,pike counties still use it some more than others and i hear alot on pt 2 pt

iamhere300

A lot of agencies are migrating to the regional IO calling talkgroup on MOSWIN. Works much better for day to day traffic. I suspect you will see that use go statewide.

JRsTheMAN

Point to point is still used in some counties especially Vernon County and a few here and there in Troop D. I hear it simulcasted on Troop D dispatch West and 42.100 and 42.120 low band.

Status
Not open for further replies.