Should I scan these Ontario frequencies anymore?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have all these frequencies in my Favorites List, they are under Ontario- Niagara Region and was wondering if it's worth scanning them anymore because everything is going encrypted.
Criminal Intelligence Service Ontario
Emergency Management Ontario
Ministry Of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Ministry Of Finance
Ministry Of Health
Ministry Of Natural Resources
Ministry Of the Environment
Ministry of Transportation
Ontario Police Commission
Saint.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-06 144015.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-06 144015.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 11

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Ministry of Health has moved to PSRN and they're encrypted.
Ministry of Transportation has moved to PSRN and they're in the clear.
Ministry of Finance has moved to PSRN and they're encrypted (they were on FleetNet as well).

EMO, MNR, MOE and OPC are still on their legacy systems for now.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Ministry of Health has moved to PSRN and they're encrypted.
Ministry of Transportation has moved to PSRN and they're in the clear.
Ministry of Finance has moved to PSRN and they're encrypted (they were on FleetNet as well).

EMO, MNR, MOE and OPC are still on their legacy systems for now.
I haven’t heard MNR on FleeNet in the last few days.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone I am trying to clean up all my favorites list, so I don't scan frequencies I do not need anymore.
Saint

LectroJoe

I have left the FleetNet system running and oddly have been hearing occasional analog MOH(?) transmissions - at least that's what the ID showed. Perhaps some TGID's have been reassigned or patched to the remaining services. Some have just been key-ups but others have sounded like one side of traffic. Have heard one or two each evening over the last couple weeks but none in the past few nights.

Joe

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have left the FleetNet system running and oddly have been hearing occasional analog MOH(?) transmissions - at least that's what the ID showed. Perhaps some TGID's have been reassigned or patched to the remaining services. Some have just been key-ups but others have sounded like one side of traffic. Have heard one or two each evening over the last couple weeks but none in the past few nights.

Joe
Yes, they are slowly moving over to the new system, I see a lot of the OPP are starting to move onto the new system, all my hospitals and ambulance have moved.
Saint

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I don't think they're moving just quite yet. Users have been able to ID talkgroups on the new system, but, I'm listening to the Toronto talkgroup completely active on FleetNet right now.

It's confusing times with testing and swapping around of some users and not others. Areas outside of the GTA could be moving around more than here.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
We are still good for listening to OPP. In just the last few minutes I've caught Brant, Caledon, Dufferin, Haldimand, Mississauga, Orillia & Severn detachments and a London Tango unit on FleetNet.

If you can receive Orillia & Severn , they have a couple of incidents on the go. One on Lake Simcoe with a SeaDoo and another with a serious10-50 just outside of Orillia, Oro Line 3.

The PSRN OPP list is getting put in place with identified talkgroups in the interim.