shoulder/ laper speaker help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello to all, im looking at the shoulder/laper speaker from scanner master item#28-531156. for my gre-500. does any one have any info on this item, is 30$ a little pricy or is this the norm, is there a cheaper way to go. does this product work well?? again this is for the gre-500. i bought a radioshack speaker item#21-549 works ok with my 996 uniden but sounds lousy with the gre.any thoughts or suggestions as to which way to go. i really like the idea of the shoulder/lapel speaker.looking for a speaker that will work in the car with all the noise. the thought of the lapel speaker sound goog as it would be up close to you so you can hear better. thanks for any help frank

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, i bought one from RShack before they were closed out at $10.00....There very nice and i clip it on the seat belt near my ear however,,,,you have to defeat the volume resister that keeps the volume low when using the ear phone port by putting a piece of wire or paper clip between the barrel of the external plug and the base of the rubber duck antenna to short out the resistor...Then the audio gets much louder on a external speaker....Thats why your not producing better audio on your external speaker.....Somewhere in this rr.com posts it shows a depiction of a good way of doing this.....

hoser147

Yes, i bought one from RShack before they were closed out at $10.00....There very nice and i clip it on the seat belt near my ear however,,,,you have to defeat the volume resister that keeps the volume low when using the ear phone port by putting a piece of wire or paper clip between the barrel of the external plug and the base of the rubber duck antenna to short out the resistor...Then the audio gets much louder on a external speaker....Thats why your not producing better audio on your external speaker.....Somewhere in this rr.com posts it shows a depiction of a good way of doing this.....

It works to take a fine wire a make a hangmans noose around the jack plug and around the base of the antenna, I have it that way on my 95 and 96 but am not sure on the GRE, Anybody???
You cant do it with the Unidens from prev. posts. Unless someone has done it I would use caution about doing so.................Hoser

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned you "CAN NOT" do that on the Uniden Scanners but it works great on my PRO96 and GRE500....

Statevillian

I bought a PTT single pin shoulder mic that is Motorola from Fry's Electronics and got the right size tip adapter from Da Shack and it is way louder than the Radio Shack version Scannermaster sells or Radio Shack may have on their shelves. Was it a little extra dough?...yeah. But, the sound is way, way better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.