SID Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8dm

Premium Subscriber
Sid

Thanks...

I found that page about 30 minutes after I posted that! lol.....
But the ID matches the area, but not the frequency. I thought that Forrest county was using all 800 frequencies. Will have to check it when I go up there next week.

Don

Airdorn

380.175 is commonly used by the US. Dept of Defense P25 system, afaik.

We have a part of that system coming online here around Memphis, TN that has a control channel of 380.075.

w8dm

Premium Subscriber
New SID Question

I have one more SID question. Where do I find an SID that is not listed on the main page lookup? I am hearing it on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Its on 380.2750 and SID is 014Ch-0112. Is it DOD and not listed?
Don W8DM

w8dm

Premium Subscriber
S Miss SID

Hi...
No. I have not heard anything on that system yet. Just the SID that I cant find!

w8dm

Premium Subscriber
Sid

Thanks Steve for the info. Yes, it looks like it would fit nicely in the DOD system. Will keep checking it for voice traffic.

Don

Steve

Apologize for the goof. I was not around my computer much yesterday or last night. Bryan provided the correct info. Again sorry for the goof, computers and me are still a dangerous mix.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

nexus

Don, and others... I spent some time on a day off not long ago driving around, and with my BCD396 with rubber duck inside the car I have determined that the 380.275 control channel is somewhere in or very near to the Gulfport Airport. That was the strongest signal location.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The system is still under testing for the MS Gulf Coast, I wouldn't expect voice on it for some time, but once its up fully you shuld hear USAF, USN on it, possibly USCG. Since all Federal/Military radio data is classified, it won't be easy to find relevant info on location, freqs, etc. But hey, thats half the fun of the hobby. I would also expect within a couple of years also a site at or near Camp Shelby, Meridian, and possibly Jackson.:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.