Sidney Fire frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know whats with the frequency listed for Sidney Fire 158.79000 ? it's listed as FMN but all I get is intermittent data transmissions.

Thanks

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the reply,
I did hear Sidney fire on 158.7900 after a while, but that intermittent data transmission is the most annoying sound you have ever heard, there is no way I can monitor that, any idea of what that could be ?

155.085 is Belgrade, Oakland, Rome, Sidney got there own frequency not long ago.

lost_in_maine

thanks for the reply,
I did hear Sidney fire on 158.7900 after a while, but that intermittent data transmission is the most annoying sound you have ever heard, there is no way I can monitor that, any idea of what that could be ?

155.085 is Belgrade, Oakland, Rome, Sidney got there own frequency not long ago.

What type of scanner?
158.7900 p25, Lewiston Pd is probably what you are hearing....

If you can search for the pl tone next time you hear Sidney active, then program that into your radio, might help..if you find the tone, let us know

I'm surprised that they licensed another agency on the same frequency, they are only about 35 air miles away probably..I can hear Lewiston & Auburn at times, and I'm about 65 miles from there
Doug

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
I bet Lewiston's p25 system is exactly what I'm hearing.

My scanners are pretty limited, an old Uniden 140, and a usb sdr dongle on my pc, so no pl tone capability. I can use one of my 2 meter ham radios to search for a tone though, that's if I can put up with that p25 noise waiting for Sidney to transmit.
I have been researching for a digital scanner, I'll need one when MScomnet goes live.

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
well it only took me 3 months, but I found the PL tone for Sidney Fire 162.2 , for those who might be interested. I also submitted info to the site for update.

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
Great...might wait equally as long to get it into the database....
Glad to know somebody else is also submitting info to the database, as well.....
someone must have read your post, my submission is already in the database,

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
So is Sidney still Dispatched on 155.0850 by Waterville ?

Is 158.7900 the Fire/Ground aka Local or now Dispatch ?
Sidney is still dispatched by Waterville but their primary is now 158.7900. For years they shared 155.085 with Oakland, Belgrade and Rome but for some reason went and got their own primary. I don't know how they like it, seems to be some interference from Lewiston's P25 system on the same frequency.

mainetrunk

That drives me nuts when you hunt for a tone, and get ALOT of p25 reception. I got p25 systems less than 6 miles away in NH, analog here in Maine. My ferret antenna GRABS that racket and pager signals. I got at least 3 p25 towers within 10 miles of me. Point is-- I feel your pain.

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
I feel bad for the firefighters that have to rely on their radios and have one of the most annoying sounds I've ever heard come blasting out of the speaker.

ecps92

IF they are running CTCSS RX and TX they should tend to NOT hear the P25 chatter, only if the radios (Mobiles) are configued to drop-CTCSS when off-hook

I feel bad for the firefighters that have to rely on their radios and have one of the most annoying sounds I've ever heard come blasting out of the speaker.

N1UB

Premium Subscriber
IF they are running CTCSS RX and TX they should tend to NOT hear the P25 chatter, only if the radios (Mobiles) are configued to drop-CTCSS when off-hook
you only hear a split second of the data noise intermittently, nothing like not having an RX tone, but just enough to annoy. I don't hear it on my new Pro-652 once I found the tone, but I do hear it on my 2 meter Yaesu and I have heard it on FD radios as well. Almost like the tone is not blocking it out quick enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.