SIRN sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm plotting SIRN sites on a WV highway map. The following locations are not listed: McWhorter, Missouri Branch, Blueville. Where are these places? Need these locations in order to better organize scan lists on my '106. Any help appreciated; thanks in advance.

BM82557

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm plotting SIRN sites on a WV highway map. The following locations are not listed: McWhorter, Missouri Branch, Blueville. Where are these places? Need these locations in order to better organize scan lists on my '106. Any help appreciated; thanks in advance.

McWhorter = Harrison County
Missouri Branch = Wayne County
Blueville = Taylor County

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber

The McWhorter Site is located near lost creek on the Harrison/Lewis Co line but it is in Harrison Co.
The Blueville Site should be located near Grafton in Taylor Co.
Other than Missouri Branch being in Wayne Co I'm not sure on the exact location of that one

73s and hope this helps

Chad

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Check This Link Out, It Has All Sites.:https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...595440804472612.0004576c71572e3126587&t=h&z=7 This is the WVSIRN Wiki Map.

That is one ugly map. Once upon a time it looked pretty good. It's accurate [with the exception that there may be a few new tower registrations in the past few months that haven't been added], but it's so hard to read because of all the different colors and pins.

When I say accurate, I mean geographically. Any freqs listed under each site in the map, or any callsigns, could be out of date.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That is a great link that I'm going to bookmark for future use,thanks for that one,Jess :)

Another thing to be aware of regarding that map -- for the sites with red balloons (indicating offline / not in RRDB), one or more of those sites could be online now... or in the near future. We won't know until people in those areaa search 450-465 mhz for the existing of a potential online site.

For the yellow balloons, they should be removed. I don't think those will ever amount to anything.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.