Skip???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayz379

Not sure if this is the correct spot or not. I have been collecting times and dates of radio interferance coming in on our frequency. 155.145 licensed to Ralls county. It is our fire channel frequency and this has been an ongoing issue for a LONG time. Who do I talk to to try and isolate it? Just to add it is coming in on mobiles, base stations, scanners. When we hear it our dispatchers hear it. Different radio types/brands. Same noise

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What are you hearing on it? Where is Ralls County (you didn't fill out your profile location)?

rayz379

Ralls county is in New London Missouri. I am on our local fire department. What we hear is like someone is keying a mike. It is static only that is aprox 2-4 seconds long. sometimes immediatly followed by another 2-4 sec of static as if someone is replying back, but not always. Easy way to describe the sound is if you have your regular old scanner and turn the squelch to minimum for a sec or 2 then back up. It is static only.

Last edited:

Tim-Elyria

Use a PL Tone

if your radios were programmed to require a PL tone to open the squelch i think your problem would be solved

Tim-Elyria

well if that is the case then the interference must also be sending a pl tone , if it is actually a distant station interfering it will be very hard to find

SCPD

QRT
Not sure if this is the correct spot or not. I have been collecting times and dates of radio interferance coming in on our frequency. 155.145 licensed to Ralls county. It is our fire channel frequency and this has been an ongoing issue for a LONG time. Who do I talk to to try and isolate it? Just to add it is coming in on mobiles, base stations, scanners. When we hear it our dispatchers hear it. Different radio types/brands. Same noise

There are a lot of Stations in IL on the same frequency, Your best bet is to ask a local ham or club to see if they can triangulate on the signals source. Otherwise you will have to call a professional.

rayz379

Their are not any ham clubs I am aware of. I am going to contact some professionals. This is really bad anymore. It is doing it as we speak. I called our dispatch station. Today they are not hearing the static, however it is lighting up their transmit signal display on the base station screen. I was on the phone with our dispacth station personel when it did it. I had loud static, they had a lighted transmit "button" on their display with no sound??? Very difficult and very upsetting at 3:00 am when pagers do this...

Status
Not open for further replies.