SLATER question

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Hi. Are the slater for st louis county talkgroups on a certain 800mhz frequency? Im looking for south main and north main. I have the 5xxxx talkgroups as well as the analog 2 tone channels. Im using a uniden handheld bcd396xt scanner. I programmed it with the freescan software. I visit my dad who lives by monarch station 4.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Slater is a P25 digital trunked system with a total of 41 800 MHz frequencies listed for the two Sites within St Louis County. 20 listed for the North site and 21 for the South site although I think one may not be used (possibly an error on the license or RRDB) for the south site. You really only need to program the Control and Alternate Control frequencies for each site. The 396 will figure out the others as they are used.

You need to program the trunked system into your 396XT and include at least the St Louis County Urban North and Urban South sites 1-1 and 1-2 at a minimum to catch all Monarch's traffic.
Monarch is located mostly just south of the North & South dividing line (Page Avenue) between the two Slater sites so their radio traffic can sometimes only be heard on one site which is usually the south site. Usually they are heard on both sites though being right on the dividing line.

Use Freescan and add the Slater system in as a Trunked P25 system and include the two St Louis County sites 1-1 and 1-2, the Fire Dispatch, Admin and TAC Departments as well as all the talkgroups within each of those departments that you wish to hear. One talkgroup that was popular is called FIRENET but it is fully encrypted so you would add it and then Avoid or Lock it out.

The Slater system is here: St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio (SLATER) Trunking System, St Louis Metro Area, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

The Slater system is a Simulcast system. The 396XT may have a very hard time picking up one or both of the St Louis County sites.
In the least, you will probably miss a lot of traffic unless you happen to live in a magical area where your 396 only hears the signal from a single Slater tower site.

You had some fairly recent threads, two are linked below, on this subject that people replied in so you may want to read through those older threads you started as well.

Last edited:

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Slater is a P25 digital trunked system with 41 800 MHz frequencies known for the two Sites within St Louis County.
You need to program the trunked system into your 396XT and include at least the St Louis County Urban North and Urban South sites 1-1 and 1-2 at a minumum to catch all Monarch's traffic.
Monarch is located mostly just south of the North & South dividing line (Page Avenue) between the two Slater sites so their radio traffic can sometimes only be heard on one site which is usually the south site. Usually they are heard on both sites though being right on the dividing line.

Use Freescan and add the Slater system in as a Trunked P25 system and include the two St Louis County sites 1-1 and 1-2, the Fire Dispatch, Admin and TAC Departments as well as all the talkgroups within each of those departments that you wish to hear. One talkgroup that was popular is called FIRENET but it is fully encrypted so you would add it and then Avoid or Lock it out.

The Slater system is here: St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio (SLATER) Trunking System, St Louis Metro Area, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

The Slater system is a Simulcast system. The 396XT may have a very hard time picking up one or both of the St Louis County sites.
In the least, you will probably miss a lot of traffic unless you happen to live in a magical area where your 396 only hears the signal from a single Slater tower site.

You had some fairly recent threads, two are linked below, on this subject that people replied in so you may want to read through those older threads you started as well.

Yup thanks i forgot about those. Sorry. Thanks for your help. Be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.