SLERS P25....

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
This is not for SLERS and is for terrestrial wired communication services. SLERS contract has not been released yet.

"It will also support other telecommunications services, including Internet access, email, and web hosting for K-12 public schools and libraries."

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
My apologies....I should have been more specific regarding my post. Harris won the contract for MFN-2. This little tidbit on the bottom of the article caught my attention though....

"Harris is also positioning itself to renew one of the most lucrative contracts in state government, the contract for police radios across the state. Harris already manages the current SLERS system, which uses now outdated technology (analog) called EDACS. The new system will be P25 (digital).

To the winning bidder, the new contract will be worth some $500 million over a 10- to 15-year period. It is one of the state's largest and most valuable. So it certainly is understandable that Harris, the current vendor -- with its contract ending in 2021 -- wants to cut out any competition for a prize like SLERS (Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System)."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.