SDS100/SDS200: Slow scanning when Single DMR Freq is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza0768

Why does the sds100 slow down all scanning (mainly analogue conventional) when a single DMR frequency system is on?
This is the most annoying feature of this scanner.
But if I turn a con+ system on next to it everything speeds right back up again.
Can anyone explain why and if there is a fix? I like to run conventional next to my single DMR system.

Ubbe

Can you export your favorite list to a hpe file and post here for others to try, just to rule out anything in the programming?
Can you see the analog frequencies being stepped thru slowly on the display and how slow is it?
Sounds as if it's a bug that somehow sets the filters to auto for all conventional channels?

/Ubbe

dazza0768

Can you export your favorite list to a hpe file and post here for others to try, just to rule out anything in the programming?
Can you see the analog frequencies being stepped thru slowly on the display and how slow is it?
Sounds as if it's a bug that somehow sets the filters to auto for all conventional channels?

/Ubbe
Yes stepped through very slowly. I did notice in another thread that uniden maybe made it intentionally slower while single freq DMR is on for an unknown reason.
My filters are wide normal for all analogue and normal for digital.

dazza0768

USDS100 file with TGIDs on 1 system removed for privacy reasons.
the issue is coming from Ashley Communications under fav list 1.0

Attachments

• USDS100 New Zealand.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 10

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Just a guess but one frequency trunk would have to pause to look for data also if the system sends out a heart beat or rest channel data that could make the scanner pause on the DMR Channel.

dazza0768

Just a guess but one frequency trunk would have to pause to look for data also if the system sends out a heart beat or rest channel data that could make the scanner pause on the DMR Channel.
I understand that but if I have this system on it slows down all other analogue channels that I'm scanning on other fav lists.

Ubbe

Could you try a quick test and change your analog systems quick keys from 0-7 to 10-17 and see what happens.

You have them linked now to the digital systems that use the same quick keys. Normally it shouldn't be a problem and digital system shouldn't affect the analog systems scan rate but can be some sort of bug in the firmware in these software complicated scanners.

/Ubbe

dazza0768

Could you try a quick test and change your analog systems quick keys from 0-7 to 10-17 and see what happens.

You have them linked now to the digital systems that use the same quick keys. Normally it shouldn't be a problem and digital system shouldn't affect the analog systems scan rate but can be some sort of bug in the firmware in these software complicated scanners.

/Ubbe
Oh thanks! I will try that tomorrow. Just got into bed, its midnight over here.
I would have thought that being 2 different fav lists that quick keys would be separate but I thought wrong maybe.
The system which is causing the issues is actually operating on quick key 0 though.

dazza0768

I did just find this in a previous thread...

I found with the SDS100E with firmware 1.10.05 that if you have a DMR One Frequency System in a fav list then everything scans at about 1/3 normal speed once that system has been scanned, even conventional systems.

Once the DMR One Frequency System has been scanned the only way to get the scan speed back is to power off and on again, disabling it after scanning it does not recover the speed.

I fed this back via the EU distibutor and the response was that its a "necessary design to ensure reliable capture of DMR OFT"

Why would you slow down the scan speed of every other system, surely only the DMR One Frequency system needs to be slowed down?

Is this "feature" the same in US models? Is this what causes the 2/3 reduction in scan speed?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
My American firmware version 1.10.0 is up to date not sure about your euro firmware version 1.10.5 but there have been small differences in American and Euro firmware seen here before. As posted here before SDS100E firmware is released from Uniden Japan if I remember.

Ubbe

It's no such problem when using your fav list in my 536 scanner. So it is a firmware bug in the SDS100. You are right that no systems configuration should ever have any impact on other systems.

It's a default 1,5 sec hold time to digital systems but only if there is a carrier there. If the site only sends short idle burst then there's no activity in the system and the scanner doesn't need to hold on to it and just scans thru it at normal analog speed rate.
Analog systems should always be scanned with a 50-100 ch/s rate depending of how well they are sorted in frequency order.

/Ubbe

dazza0768

My American firmware version 1.10.0 is up to date not sure about your euro firmware version 1.10.5 but there have been small differences in American and Euro firmware seen here before. As posted here before SDS100E firmware is released from Uniden Japan if I remember.
I have the USDS100

dazza0768

Thanks for all your help guys.
After getting a response back from uniden Australasia they stated it is a known issue and it will be fixed on an upcoming firmware update.
This will explain why the USA versions do not have this issue, perhaps they once did. Uniden AU tends to be behind in time...we only just got DMR, NXDN and provoice upgrade options for the UBCD325P2 this week.

zl1dfa

I have an SDS200 with US firmware (there is no Australian equivalent of the SDS200 for some reason) and I am not that far from dazza0768. I see the same issue on my scanner, and have disabled use of DMR single frequency for that reason.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.