BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Slow start of recording

runnerr

Hi!
I have a BCD436HP, and when using the built in recording function the scanner often misses to record a lot of fast and short transmissions for ie mil air.

When comparing with my UBC125XLT it found and recorded 10 active frequencies (using pc software) but the BCD436HP only found and recorded one.

It feels like it takes 1 or 2 seconds before the BCD436HP actually starts recording. Is the original SD-card too slow and maybe a new one will record faster?

Thanks!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When comparing with my UBC125XLT it found and recorded 10 active frequencies (using pc software) but the BCD436HP only found and recorded one.

If the 436 only found, and recorded 1, compared to the 125 finding, and recording 10n, then that's a reception issue and not a recording issue as the 1 it received, was recorded.

What antenna is on both scanners? What is the squelch set at on the 436?

runnerr

Antenna was magnetic foot vs Diamond rh777 on the BCD436. Squelch was set to 3 on both. Maybe I should try to set squelch to 2?

Ubbe

Hi!
I have a BCD436HP, and when using the built in recording function the scanner often misses to record a lot of fast and short transmissions for ie mil air.
Check that the audio mode for those channels are set to analog and not All and not to Search.

It doesn't record straight to the SD card, it first saves to a buffer and then writes in blocks when one have been filled with audio. But it will first to try and evaluate any modes and subtones if you have any of those set as it needs to record that info in the header of the audio file before any audio can be saved.

You can always format the SD card and program it again, if you have everything configured in Sentinel. If you select the format mode to Full Overwrite (in SD Formatter) it will write to each memory position to see that your SD card are functioning OK and will mark any bad cells to not be used.

/Ubbe