Socket error 10060

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
My whistler TRX-1 scanner is making a hissing noise in the background sounds something like white noise in the background when monitoring the TXWARN P25 system , i couldn't figure out what was going on. I turned the scanner off then back on , tried using it on battery power and plugged in , tried different antenna , so I decided to try doing an update on the scanner with E-Z scam software, and that's when this dreaded message popped up saying "socket error 10060. I know people have talked about it here once before but I don't think anyone provided a solution ? Can anyone help ?

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I just turned the squelch knob clockwise then back and while a talk group was talking and the white noise was in the background and it stopped , however when the next transmission comes across the noise in the background returned I don't know if this noise and the socket error are related ??

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I decided to try doing an update on the scanner with E-Z scam software, and that's when this dreaded message popped up saying "socket error 10060. I know people have talked about it here once before but I don't think anyone provided a solution ?

as far as the socket error goes, read through the entire thread linked below:

Brunlea

A bit of a GEEK!
looks like thread was removed?

It was merged: